• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would you buy it?

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
A friend of the family has been storing an early 80's grand prix and is planning on moving soon. He wants to get rid of it before he goes, even if it mean selling it to a scrap yard. It's got a 350 in it, rebuilt in '97. Not sure about the rebuild or how many miles have been on it since, but I know it hasn't been driven in over 5 years. Also has a set of headers still in the box for it.

I don't care much for the car, but he would sell the whole thing to me for $300. I dont have any projects or much need of it, but at that price should I grab it just to have a 350? I figure I can always resell for more than $300, or gut the car and build the motor for a sleeper. I dunno. Maybe a tube buggy project or a 70s camaro. There are many options...

:dunno:

That particular body/frame style that is shared by the Buick GN, Chevy Monte Carlo, and Olds Cutlass makes a real good strip car. If you have the extra money, pick it up and re-sell it

For $300 I'd buy it in a heartbeat, refresh the engine and get it running then sell it off to make a profit and get something for the xj.

I got more info, got an edlebrock carb no idea of mileage odometer broke. Rust on the rear quarters, not a huge deal.

Seems like it should be a pretty easy resell, Ill probably check it out this afternoon.

Just remember thats not a Chevy 350!

More info, it was a 350 swapped in from a chevy truck in 97 and refreshed at the same time. All stock parts otherwise, not sure about the tranny or rear end. It all works he drove it there, but beyond that :dunno:

Back