• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would anyone be interested in an exchange program for OEM keyless entry remotes?

zluster

NAXJA Forum User
For those of us missing OEM keyless entry remotes(97+) and wanting to have stock remotes to use we have to take the vehicle to the dealer to get them programmed, typically this means 1 hour or .5 hours of labor to program remotes($60-100), plus the cost of remotes.

Would anyone be interested in an exchange sort of program, you remove your RKE receiver board from the dome light, send it in along with a payment, and you get back a board programmed with 2 remotes.

Would you be willing to pay $50 for two working remotes with exchange for your board?

I don't need it but that is a great deal.

Wish you could do this for my 94

94 remotes can be programmed in vehicle iirc.......

However the IR RKE unit uses the same plug that the RF RKE unit does. I seem to remember some people talking about you could take a programmed RF RKE unit pair and install them into an older XJ and have them be functional.

I don't know if thats true but it is very plausible. Would be a great way to have the newer 99+ style remotes(that actually work) for an older jeep. Would be interesting to test thats for sure.

Back