• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Worn axle u-joint symptoms

Blaine B. said:
Autozone lists the smaller ujoints for non ABS and the larger ujoints for ABS.

I don't have ABS so they sold me the wrong ujoints at first, had to go back and return them for abs ujoints (the larger 297's).

Just and FYI when you shop there, don't trust what the computer says.

One easy way to get the correct U Joints is....to get the correct U Joints, IOW get Spicer 760-X made by Spicer and there will be no doubt about it.
Get the phone book and make some calls to drivesaft, 4X4, or axle shops, you will find them. I live in a small city and I know lots of different places where I can get them.
BTW the difference between the 297 and 760-X is that the latter has a forged center section making it stronger that the 297.
Why would anybody use Autozone parts when the real McCoy is available and reasonably priced?

falcon556 said:
BTW the difference between the 297 and 760-X is that the latter has a forged center section making it stronger that the 297.
Why would anybody use Autozone parts when the real McCoy is available and reasonably priced?

X2

falcon556 said:
One easy way to get the correct U Joints is....to get the correct U Joints, IOW get Spicer 760-X made by Spicer and there will be no doubt about it.
Get the phone book and make some calls to drivesaft, 4X4, or axle shops, you will find them. I live in a small city and I know lots of different places where I can get them.

cuz they work just fine?

Back