• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Workdays - Feb. 25 / Feb. 26

I'll be there Saturday. My rig currently has no rear bumper attached, and, obviously, no rear recovery point. But I gather this won't be an issue unless I slide off the trail.

Just slide off the trail backwards so we can attach to yoru front bumper.

I'll be there Saturday. My rig currently has no rear bumper attached, and, obviously, no rear recovery point. But I gather this won't be an issue unless I slide off the trail.

I have a stock rear tow hook (somewhere in the garage). If you have the nut strip and bolts you can have it.

I have a stock rear tow hook (somewhere in the garage). If you have the nut strip and bolts you can have it.

Thanks, but I don't need it. I just need to make some modifications to my bumper, related to how it's mounted, and then remount it. It'll be done by SoCal Fest for sure.

In other news, I regret that I'll have to change my status from "confirmed" for Saturday to "unlikely." I woke up this morning with a full-blown cold, and I doubt I'll be up for any kind of volunteer outdoor labor this weekend. Sorry about that.

My son Ronan coming on Sunday. He is 3, never been off-roading, never been in snow, and can't stop talking about this. He wants to build a snowman and have a snow ball fight and go pee behind a tree and help dig out Jeeps stuck in the snow.

Will lunch be provided on Sunday or should I pack some sandwiches?

You'd best not forget a shovel his size.
:twak:

That'd be worse than catching Al's cooties!

I think I'm out...

Alden's going to be in LA, and Branton will be in OC. That leaves me stuck in SD providing "Old as dirt" dog care for 15yo Eddie while they're both closer to BB than I am.

I'm not lifting Eddie in & out of the Jeep; he can't jump that high anymore. And he doesn't always poop where he's supposed to anymore which makes leaving him at someone else's house (or transporting him, for that matter) rather problematic.

But the old coot still enjoys all his walks, and his people, so he still lives...

Does anyone have chains that will 285 75 16 aka 33x11.5? I got chains that were supposed to fit but I don't think I could get these on 31's. I ordered the cottect size and they arrive in late March.

Sore. That's pretty much all I got. Truck's unloaded though. Well mostly.

Last edited:
Unbelievable the amount of "house" trash we picked up Saturday. People are pigs (and I do feel bad insulting such a delicious creature).

Ronan only need two pit stops on the way home. He made it until we were about 2 miles from home before he passed out.

I wasn't expecting so much mud. Need to find time to wash it this week.

Hell I think I did two pit stops on the way home! I didn't realize I had chugged quite so much water while working today until I kept having to stop to relieve myself!

I didn't even make it home before my Jeep got washed. I hit the DIY car wash on the way home, it's clean(ish) now.

Snow is definitely easier to wash off.
Driving down 38 made my chuckle to myself at those idiots clogging 330/18.

I must say it was productive weekend, though. John, Stephan, Peter, G; it was great hanging out with all of you. Good times!

Last edited:
I'm still working on my photos and report to AAT but for now I'll post this gem up.

20170228085230-34b99ff0-la.jpg

I'm looking forward to the next pic. That's the one where he tried them on.

I got the bed of the truck washed out with Lysol, never had to do that before.

I have some goPro video of the Rock Winching up to the point where my battery died. I also have some of the trip from North Shore Campground/Work Center to Stater Bros. and 2N04 to where we stopped for the Rock. Unfortunately I don't have any of the big puddle after lunch or going up through the snow, which probably would have been the most fun to watch. I have not edited them, nor do I plan to, but if anyone wants a copy, let me know.

He is, his taste in panties and socks is excellent (he steals every girls pair he can find, but never touches mine)

Back