• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WOOHOOO!! and criticize my plans...

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning! I finally found a nice XJ to replace the last rig i sold ( i still miss it-had DPG/RE 5" hybrid kit, d44, 4.56's etc etc) anyways, the new one is bone stock 1995 w/ only 55,000 on the clock in mint condition-looks like its brand new. I'm not plannin on building this one up as much as my previous rig.

Just to get me off the ground:
DPG/RE 4" hybrid kit. 32x11.50 bighorns, AA SYE and TW d/s, JCR bumpers and sliders, random skids, winch, and an ARB locker for the 8.25

Any suggestions or experience w/ any of those products? I'm psyched to get back on some trials. I have the title, and i'm taking the XJ home on friday! Only pic i have so far is from the add the dealer listed..

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jeepxj93/?action=view&current=NEWXJ.jpg

Sounds pritty good, I wouldnt bother with a SYE w. a 5" lift. Drop the t-case and call it good.

unregistered (b/c i have to get CT plates for it-it came from MA) and as is...i ended up talkin him down to $4500, i know its a bit higher than what i would like to pay for a 13yr old car....BUT when i say mint i mean it....no piston slap, no stains inside, no chips or scratches on the paint NO rust at all underneath, NO LEAKS!!! not even the notorious rear main..haha! I have to admit, its worth every penny, HP 30 and 8.25 so i dont even think i'm gonna look for new axles.

Where abouts in CT are ya?

FYI: Clayton Offroad is based in CT.

~Alex

i'm down in milford, yea i know about clayton and they have some good stuff, thats on my list...i need to find out if they have a kit that isnt as tall....cant afford to regear yet so i want to stick w/ 32's....on anything more than 4" i think might look a little out of place. PM me if you wheel anywhere around here.

4.5 inches is the least amount of lift they advertise for their hard arm kits. I'm looking at getting the 4.5 inch hard arm front setup to replace my drop brackets.

~Alex

Back