• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wood box money puzzle

I've never seen one before, but it's just the kind of thing to drive me nuts.

I'm thinking hammer or saw will get into it with little trouble.

aah, beaten to the punch!

actually, maybe soaking it in water? if part of it were sealed and part wasn't, only some of it would expand?

Try a strong magnet on different parts of the box. I can't open ebay at work so I can't see the box.

How much money is in yours?

It contains a $2 dollar bill only.
It’s not the amount, but rather my reputation at stake.
First thing I did was to try 2 different magnets but maybe I need a stronger one?
I also figured there is only one locking pin in one corner of the box only and it is locked by 2 strong magnets positioned on each end of the pin (I think).
More suggestions are welcome.

pm the guy selling one of them on ebay say you lost the instructions and need help.

^winner^

Dad made a bunch of puzzle boxes one year. They were basically a sphere like box with 6 sides on the equator, pull the right 3 and the box comes open.

Get a bunch of pics of it and post them up so we can see exactly how it's laid out.

The tapping trick worked!

One hard knock on the side of the box disengaged the magnets.
Only one side can be opened. The other side is a decoy: the pins are spring loaded and can not be disengaged.

Thank you!!!

Back