• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wont start..... already searched

grn95xjr

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep wont start, when i turn the key nothing happens. but i can jump across the solenoid and get it to start, what is my problem. i think its the nss, but i wondered if the cps would do the same thing. i searched and found some similer things but none like mine what do u all think?

Take a volt meter and measure for 12V at your starter solenoid to see if it is getting a signal to start. You will have to do this while someone turns the key to "start." If there is voltage your starter solenoid is bad.

If there is NO voltage then you have to trace it back and find out why. Could be your ignition switch or NSS...

Play with the shifter while turning the key.
Works for me. I usually have to put it in neutral now to get it to start, Still have to wiggle it sometimes though. If you can get it to turn over like that, clean the NSS switch.

Back