• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WK old man emu lift kit experience?

XJLI

NAXJA Forum User
gonna be throwing an old man emu kit on my dad's 08 WK this fall, my main concern (and his as well) is ride quality/handling after the lift. i know the old man emu kit will ride great, but has anyone driven one? hows it feel? my dad is pretty heavy in the foot (both going and stopping). should i go HD? or MD? he never tows, the most he puts in it is mulch or whatever from home depot or a bike or two on the hitch rack. he knows he will lose 1-2mpg and some power and is ok with that. it has the 4.7 and quadra trac.

it will be getting either 255 or 265s with new wheels or spacers.

I don't have experience with a WK but I did throw on the OME HD coils on the WJ I had. All I can say is they are the ONLY springs I will ever run to get a small lift on a Jeep. That thing rode great before I put the springs in, even better after! Of course I put on some Bilstein 5100's at the same time.

That was the first time I actually spent close to 1k on springs and shocks alone. Let me tell you it was worth every penny!

So my point is, go with quality parts and you and your dad won't be disappointed.

I've ridden in OME TJs and XJs and they're great, so I expect the same characteristics in the WK

With IFS I'm assuming it will be an incredible ride.

Back