• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ set up

Or spacers that convert bolt patterns, or have existing axle shafts redrilled. Just offering alternatives and different ways of doing it. Probably wouldn't want to unless you had some WJ or JK wheels you wanted to run or something. That'd look cool on an XJ. The pick n pulls here want $44/wheel for alloys which isn't too bad.

I did the WJ conversion on my 92’ and learned a few lessons myself.

My knuckles came from a 99’ plus two rotors but only one caliper a tie rod with both ends but for some reason failed to get the drag link. Later I bought the caliper upgrade kit from the dealership plus two new rotors.

All new ball joints from NAPA (got a friend behind the counter) WJ for the lower but I was already using an offset on the driver side upper to correct my camber and didn’t want to loose the correction, after running the numbers NAPA called for the same part# for the XJ and WJ so XJ uppers.

All new tie rod and draglink ends from NAPA also but after converting to OTK I bought a right hand drive draglink end @ the axle from Crown Automotive, I didn’t have the factory part# so if anybody’s got it. I got lost between Offroad General Store closing shop and JKS picking up their products so I bought the taps and made my own draglink and tierod (wow that was pricey) I found out later the JKS ones were so much cheaper. There’s been more than one person complain about the JKS draglink being to long especially if you don’t have enough lift, just keep that in mind.

JKS OTAB, unit bearing spacers, and dropped TB bracket, for the price and quality I thought JKS was tops. Bought most of it from Kevin’s, he was very helpful.

Now for the main reason I posted, I use the WJ unit bearings with the 5 on 5 pattern. I did this because I wanted to use the WJ wheels but they have more back spacing 5.25 seems right so to clear the OTK and my rear Cadillac calipers I had to use wheel spacers (1.5). As for the wheel pattern problem the Dana 44 I bought had a bent shaft so I bought shafts from Moser and for no extra cost he dual patterned them (5 on 5 and 5 on 4.5) and pressed bearings and seals. Between bent factory wheels and chasing vibration problems and the fact that I over geared I went up in tire size and a set of Pro Comp 7189’s with 4.5 back spacing. This cleared my OTK and calipers and gave me the track width and look I was looking for. Hope some of this helps.

polar_jeep_04 said:
got any pic of you set up, reddogg.xj?

I’ve got a few pictures what are you most interested in? The 4x4 wire article is about the best, also Angus on this forum gave me a lot of info.

Once the spacers are welded on you just use your XJ shafts.

Back