• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Rear Seat Write-up

They have to pull the head rests off in WJ's too when folding. It's normal.

Oh, didn't know that.

I modified mine with a grinder so I don't have to press the release button to get the headrest out. Mine was very particular about the headrest coming out, but its way easier now.

I don't have to remove the head rests to fold my WJ seats down in my XJ. The head rests do however have to flip forward via a lever.

P4290158.jpg

i like the 60/40 split in fact i only want the 60 part of it, is there any strength to the seat as in can someone sit on the 60 portion while the 40 is folded down... sorry for the :yap:

i was planning on modding my xj seat to be a 60 or less only and use the other portion for storage(spare tire to be specific). i don't want or need 4(or 5) people riding in my jeep at any time

i like the 60/40 split in fact i only want the 60 part of it, is there any strength to the seat as in can someone sit on the 60 portion while the 40 is folded down... sorry for the :yap:

i was planning on modding my xj seat to be a 60 or less only and use the other portion for storage(spare tire to be specific). i don't want or need 4(or 5) people riding in my jeep at any time

Do it all the time in my Dad's WJ, so yeah, shouldn't be a problem.

Would it work the same for a ZJ rear seat?

The head rests do however have to flip forward via a lever.

The older seats do that. I think it was around 2002 when DC started to remove little things like that from the WJ.

Some years did have nice little slots though so you could mount the head rest in place once the seat was folded down. Not all years had this though, I dont believe.

Thanks for the write up man. My back seats are in but the damn ebay salvage yard didn't send me the seat back center bracket. I hope they still have it.

Not to drag up an old thread, but I just scored a set of leather WJ seats for $80 and I'm considering installing the rear in my XJ.

The instructions look pretty straight forward, but I was wondering about the hole in the cargo area. How close to the gas tank is it?

I think its over 12". It ends up being in front of the shock cross member. or at least it was on mine. Plenty of room, not worries about the tank.

Back