• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ lca's lack of flex

Checked my wj lower arms tonight. I put the "football" rearward, on the non-axle mount when I did the install five years ago (for whomever it was that asked). From going through this thread it doesn't seem to matter much one way or the other whether they were placed rear or front. It almost seems like the larger bushing would be of most benefit on the axle as it gets more of the twisting.

the racecar has had WJ arms in it forever.
I bouhtt it that way.

They are way nicer on the road.
no adverse effects offroad.

The front axle has flexed enough to shove the swaybar link through the upper fender. Yes, that much flex even with the swaybar connected.

Anyone else have insight or info on the different bushing that the wj have? Did jeep make one easier to flex or for something else with the holes/notches on the later wj bushing on the football shape side?

the oval shaped bushings were not designed for better flex.

The oval shape is to better absorb the harshness when you're driving down the road and hit things. it absorbs that shock that's pushing straight back into the LCA mount and does not transmit it to the body.

think like Jeep for a minute, you know that most grand cherokees are not going offroad, however you will have soccer moms driving around a solid axled vehicle on the highway, and they object to feeling things like bridge gaps.

the oval shaped bushings were not designed for better flex.

The oval shape is to better absorb the harshness when you're driving down the road and hit things. it absorbs that shock that's pushing straight back into the LCA mount and does not transmit it to the body.

think like Jeep for a minute, you know that most grand cherokees are not going offroad, however you will have soccer moms driving around a solid axled vehicle on the highway, and they object to feeling things like bridge gaps.

I know the oval was meant for better absorption of noise but what were the notches for then? When I was looking at each arm on the wj in my jy I also looked at the years and the later years got two notches instead of one or none. I can't imagine equals better to noise reducing effectiveness with the holes in the rubber..

Less material to transmit NVH.

again, it will make no difference in performance off road.

Back