• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring/Firewall

mpncsnhs said:
I used to put together police cars by trade and i always drilled a 3/4" hole in the roof and used a grommet with little fingers in it and have NEVER had one leak, and put a good silicone to seal it all up. Run the wires in loom through the hole (put some silicone in loom at hole to) and it wont look bad. BTW silicone does not eat up sheet metal i have used it for years with no problems

If it smells like vinegar it will eat the metal.

mpncsnhs said:
BTW you can buy switch boxes alot cheaper than GALLS if you havent already bought it,

Do a search on fitch box in the forum, actually look at the thread for the walmart fogs. Step by step on there for building one from a hobby box.

Silicone should be ok to use like you did with the grommet, just not on bare metal. Already had the switch box, the power of ebay, $20 shipped. I was going to make a Fitch box but figured for $20 what the hey (I'm lazy).

Well got it done for now. Ran the wires to drivers side to the windshield and under the molding.

IMG_42301.jpg

down to the front fender, behind the door hinges (zip tied so they don't get pinched by the hinges) to inside, up the a-pillar, under header to switch box.

IMG_42321.jpg

My $20 eBay Federal Signal SW300 switch box

IMG_42341.jpg

Night shot

IMG_42361.jpg

Back