• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring diagram for 5-prong switch

First of all, sweet setup! Couple of questions though if you don't mind.

For the interior LED lighting, specially the footwells, did you just wire the LEDs to the existing factory footwell wiring?

The carpet, do you have more pictures of how you cut it? It looks removable, am I right? At least the foot sections which I am planning to do when I put my carpet on.

On my 99, you can take the bulb holder off, and it actually has a disconnect on it. So I just pulled it out of the jeep, cut the wiring, and spliced in the LEDs. They have two sided tape on them, so I just put them on a bare metal part of the footwells.

That section of carpet is missing because in my first wheeling trip, I bent my pass door at tellico, So it leaks. This the carpet was soaked for a long time, so I proactively tore out the moldy carpet and tossed it, thinking I could did a good replacment. I could not! In retrospect I wish I had kept it, dried it, and cleaned it, cus the floor does get hot. I plan on cutting the rest of the carpet in sections so I can pull it for trips and put it back in the rest of the time.

On my 99, you can take the bulb holder off, and it actually has a disconnect on it. So I just pulled it out of the jeep, cut the wiring, and spliced in the LEDs. They have two sided tape on them, so I just put them on a bare metal part of the footwells.

That section of carpet is missing because in my first wheeling trip, I bent my pass door at tellico, So it leaks. This the carpet was soaked for a long time, so I proactively tore out the moldy carpet and tossed it, thinking I could did a good replacment. I could not! In retrospect I wish I had kept it, dried it, and cleaned it, cus the floor does get hot. I plan on cutting the rest of the carpet in sections so I can pull it for trips and put it back in the rest of the time.

Thanks! Mine is a 99 so I will do the interior LED also since I got some extra lights.

As for the carpet, mine leaks from the windshield there in that area and it is true it gets hot. I don't have carpet at the moment and it gets extremely hot inside, specially with leather seats in Miami. I like the cutting the carpet in sections idea for wheeling. Might look into it.

Thanks again.

Back