• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring a high idle switch?

I have been working this idea for a while. As 5-90 said, I am trying to come up with a working prototype for an IAC override. Since the IAC is a bipolar stepper motor, the controlling logic isn't as simple as flipping a switch. Right now I am only approaching the RENIX based 4.0L engines, then once that is tested and complete, I will focus my attentions on the OBDI and OBDII engines.

I am still in the process of developing the kit. Yes 5-90, I will send it to you to test for me. I am still trying to develop a working system, just gimme a little time.

Rass

I have a working bench prototype yes. Now I am laying out the Printed circuit board to mount the components, and should have it all bundled together within about a week or two and ready for on vehicle testing.

JEEPZZ said:
The part numbers for the 97+ ext idle switch and 4 slot bezel are:
4897 505AD 4 switch bezel
5600 8728 extended idle switch
These parts can still be ordered from the dealer. A friend of mine just got one a few months ago.

Just got back from the dealer looking for the bezel (4897505AD) and it is listed for 97 only. The one for my jeep (01, p/n 4897505AG) is listed for '00 & '01 only. I assume that the 4-switch bezel will fit right in to my '01 (is just wasn't offered which is why it is not lised?), but I wanted to be sure before I drop $90 on the thing. Can anyone confirm that it'll fit?

esrasmu2001 said:
I have a working bench prototype yes. Now I am laying out the Printed circuit board to mount the components, and should have it all bundled together within about a week or two and ready for on vehicle testing.
not to press, but any idea on cost? I'm interested. Not having factory AC makes it pretty tempting to do OBA.

TheNerd said:
Just got back from the dealer looking for the bezel (4897505AD) and it is listed for 97 only. The one for my jeep (01, p/n 4897505AG) is listed for '00 & '01 only. I assume that the 4-switch bezel will fit right in to my '01 (is just wasn't offered which is why it is not lised?), but I wanted to be sure before I drop $90 on the thing. Can anyone confirm that it'll fit?
Same part number. The different (higher) letters denote a production run from a later model year. The part is interchangeable although the price seems kind of high.
Keep in mind that there wer 3 or 4 differnent four slot bezels. The difference is the keyways that only allow certain switches in certain spots but it's very easy to file off the plastic tab that will allow you to put what switch where YOU want it.

Wow, they want damn near $40 for the 4 slot bezel....what else does it come with?

JEEPZZ said:
Same thing the $40 3 slot bezel comes with, nadadamnthing. :D

LOL I ordered just the switch..I don't have fogs so I have an opening in the factory panel anyways. I don't really need this mod but...who cares lol.

BlueCuda said:
Wow, they want damn near $40 for the 4 slot bezel....what else does it come with?

I just got off the phone with the dealer, and the price for both part nos. 4897502AG and 4897505AG were in the $96 (HFS!) range; I suspect that they may have been including switches in that but as the parts guy didn't have a picture he couldn't say. Which number were you quoting them? $40 sounds a lot more appealing than nearly a c-note.

FWIW, I paid ~$55CDN locally last summer.

I think your dealer may be price hiking.

I ordered mine from dodgeparts.com. First time I have ordered from there so no idea when I will get it.

Back