• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest History

my WF history starts in 2010. wheeled the green trail, relaxed at the lunch break picture.

2011 thought i was a bad ass with some new 33's

got denied...

we had 4 there that year

like RamRod said woke up Saturday morning with standing water in the tent.

speaking of RamRod...

no pics from 2012.

only a couple pics from 2013.

couple faces you might know.

heres the only pic from 2014. pulling the coop.

I showed up late, Rev told me I was late and that I sucked.

then I wheeled a stock longbed on street tires around the badlands.
First time ever off the road for reals.

then I slept in the bed of a pickup, covered with a tarp, in 5* weather.

it's cool though because my dachshund puppy fit well in a sleeping bag.

My first WF was '07, the WF that never was. I borrowed a truck from a guy I worked with and had no idea it was what it was. I fought transmission overheating the whole way to MO with a rented trailer from penske. I think the trip took me 19 hours over two days, about 1000 miles by myself.

The gps took me to the park the wrong way, up the wrong mountain and overlooking the grass pasture where I was supposed to be. "Turn left and you have arrived" was down a 500 foot cliff. When I figured it out, I went past the love shack known as the blue trailer and got to the entrance.

Then I wheeled the entrance road in a borrowed F250 towing a jeep and a rented trailer. I wasn't sure I was going to make it down to the camping area. Pulled up and a few guys walked over and said "you must be Nate's brother." I'm hoping after 8 years that I get noticed for a few more amicable attributes :D

Good wheeling, a flooded tent, a night in a hotel room and a whole bunch of raffle prizes later, I left and drove home. Spent the night in a seriously shady hotel, got bit by the WF trailer tire monster on I-40E and made it home after dumping about 25 gallons of tranny fluid through that truck. Gave it back to the guy and he told me he was planning on replacing the transmission after my trip anyway.

Back