• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

windshield mounted lights

friday i made some brackets that mount behind the mirror, with the 2 bottom bolts...i mounted 6" slim lights on them i think thy work good and they do not block vision...

njedgexj

njedgexj said:
i have searched for some bracket to mount lights near my windshield like the wranglers...i have not found anything...im thinking of fab'n up some, has anyone done this before, or know where i might find some info on this...thanks...
njedgexj
Be careful about where you mount things on your rig. I had a buddy mount lights there on his XJ and got himself into a bunch of willows down in a creek bed and wound up tearing the lights off causing alot of damage. Your best bet is to mount them always to a bumber or rack system not the body itself. CJ's and TJ's are built stronger in that area you talk about including the mount brackets designed. I know it looks cool but you have to think about worse case situations you can get yourself in. Just a thought

yes i have some pics, but im not sure how to upload them..i cant post attachments...

i dont have a website yet..its being worked on..should be up in a few days, ill put a link up then..

A breakaway mount would let you mount them just about anywhere without having to worry about ripping up the body. Both the old style and new style side mirrors either breakaway or fold. They are also rock steady, which is great for lights as well as mirrors.

Another idea would be to mount them close to the centerline of the Jeep at the base of the windshield. That should keep them out of harms way.

Back