• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windrock trails?

ATL ZJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I enjoyed looking at some of your windrock pictures. I'm sure you can tell by my screen name that I'm a ZJ guy from Atlanta. We have been going to tellico and harlan for years, but we are going to windrock this weekend (21-22) and it will be our first time. Sorry- I copied these from some of your other threads... Forgive me if that's not cool. Can you tell me what some of the trail numbers in the pictures below are?

P1000035.jpg

P1000067.jpg

P1010232.jpg

P1010259.jpg

DSC01541.JPG

DSC01441.JPG

P1010097.jpg

100_2231.jpg

100_2234.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Our group of about 10 rigs is mostly going to be Grand Cherokees and Land Cruisers. Tire size will range from open on 31s to my ZJ buggy on 40" LTBs. So if anyone wants to make some recommendations that would be good for a moderate group and a more difficult group, that would be great. Better yet, anyone is welcome to come show us around. We only have a few rigs built enough to hit rattlerock and rail trail so we'd love "built" company!

The only trails I can pick out are 15 and the creek bed off 22. I think there may be some of trail 3 also.

Matt or Doug should jump in and tell you where the rest were.

15, ask about little mule and rattlerock when your there, 3 and branch to the left up to the squeeze, trail 39 to rail trail then back up cadillac hill, atomic ridge i havent run but want to... when are you coming in to ride?

edit: saw when your comin in ill see what i can swing for days.....

Thanks guys. We are coming in to camp friday night at WR Campground and will be riding all saturday and most of sunday. yeah if you are local, it would be great to have you join.

Rattlerock is trail 14 right? is little mule the end of 15?

Thanks guys. We are coming in to camp friday night at WR Campground and will be riding all saturday and most of sunday. yeah if you are local, it would be great to have you join.

Rattlerock is trail 14 right? is little mule the end of 15?

little mule is take a left out of 15 follow the gravel road thats leads away for about 150-200 ft the trailhead begins on the right... its short like 15 and ends on anther acces trail, take a left there and it will put you at the bottom of rattlerock,

pm me your name and number and ill see if i can get my shift switched...

Sorry, but you see that door, that one right there...it's on my Jeep now and it's still brown. :shhh:

I'm still surprised his current MJ is not that color. I think every rig he has had in the past several years has ended up that color. He must have got a good deal on that color in bulk. :D

my ZJ buggy on 40" LTBs.

I'd like to know more about your 40" LTB's... how do you like them and what did you run before?

The LTB is a great tire and has really impressed me. Prior to the LTBs I ran 37" Iroks. I loved the Iroks at low pressures, but the biggest difference is that the LTBs grab so much more traction than the Iroks. Maybe part of it is my puny 4.0, but I have watched the LTBs grip a rock and stop for a full second at 4000 rpms. The iroks never did that.

the sturdier sidewall of the LTB is also nice. compared to the Irok, they give much firmer feedback from the trail. Feels almost like my rig shed 1/2 of its weight. here is a pic of the rig on lower damnation at harlan

CamLD.jpg

Last edited:
Yea I have 36 IROK's now. I'm about to put D60's in, I hope, and go to a bigger tire. The 40" LTB's were my tire of choice but I hear they are scarce atm. Nice rig BTW.

i was running 37" iRocks...

100_2231.jpg

... this is the begining of 3 i believe... after watching me, the rest of the group a the bottom took the bypass... :D:D

100_2231.jpg

... this is the begining of 3 i believe... after watching me, the rest of the group a the bottom took the bypass... :D:D

i believe i was the only one to puss out, not to make excuses but, chopped 2 door xj with no cage and everyone was getting a little sideways. i'm fixing that problem and making a some other changes as well. have you ever seen a bullnose xj?

Last edited:
have you ever seen a bullnose xj?

nope...

does it look anything like ATL ZJ's rig?
...it has a different nose :eeks1:

100_2231.jpg

I do believe you are forgetting the only rig to make that climb, that day....:scared:

My horn.... i'm a tootin' it.

I do believe you are forgetting the only rig to make that climb, that day....:scared:

My horn.... i'm a tootin' it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... :worship: My hats off to you and what you will try. My set just aren't as brass as yours...YET!!!!

Back