• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

windrock picture thread 3-20-10

After taking the axle shaft out, the axle looks to be ok. I hope the warranty on the axle shaft works.

taco2039.jpg

taco2040.jpg

You have to love those 30 splin shafts, even if they do come apart on the trail.

I know that at one point in time my spider gears where welded. They do not hold anymore. But I will be rewelding them again.

taco2044.jpg

taco2048.jpg

taco2049.jpg

What size tires are you runing on the yota?

As yall can see I axle looks to be fine to me.

taco2050.jpg

Even the spindle looks to be reusable.
taco2055.jpg

taco2059.jpg

Say goodbye to the OX Super Joints, and say hello to CTM'S.
taco2057.jpg

taco2058.jpg

So what you re saying... Its a SWEET BREAK!?!

I am only running 37" SSR's that is not to big for my 44 or the 60 rear end. If the front axle would have been pulling at all then I would have gone right over the little rock. But with an open front diff it makes it a little harder to do the things I want to do. I will not BE STOPED again ! I hope.

Yes it was, but it was also a very clean break at that. Give me a month and I will be back to try that same hill again. Who down for another ride?

^^^I am.

why are you going to weld up the spider gears like that again? if you weld spider gears you might as well make it a cheap spool and weld them together, otherwise buy a aussie or lockright... that would prolly save you more headache in the future... and broken parts.

i mean whats the point in welding the gears like that... it lets them rock back and forth within a couple of teeth but wont let it go any further, until it does what you have there and press the weld out, and the only good thing about that is you can take the gears out if you ever need to and save the carrier, but if it costs you a couple hundred in damage why not put that money towards something that will give like an autolocker and you can still turn your wheels...just my opinion...

why are you going to weld up the spider gears like that again? if you weld spider gears you might as well make it a cheap spool and weld them together, otherwise buy a aussie or lockright... that would prolly save you more headache in the future... and broken parts.

i mean whats the point in welding the gears like that... it lets them rock back and forth within a couple of teeth but wont let it go any further, until it does what you have there and press the weld out, and the only good thing about that is you can take the gears out if you ever need to and save the carrier, but if it costs you a couple hundred in damage why not put that money towards something that will give like an autolocker and you can still turn your wheels...just my opinion...

Agreed. Go to a lock right or aussie or weld it right.

I am only running 37" SSR's that is not to big for my 44 or the 60 rear end. If the front axle would have been pulling at all then I would have gone right over the little rock. But with an open front diff it makes it a little harder to do the things I want to do. I will not BE STOPED again ! I hope.

I don't even have to respond, you are repairing all that damage and you believe that...... :twak: Oh yea I forgot you will break the CTM too.

I do not belive I would kill a CTM, if my front end would have been welded right the first time I would still have the OX Super Joint. My axles are strong enough to run the tires I am running. And if you spend the money the first time you can buy parts with LIFE TIME WARRANTYS. So therefor I do not care if I kill them. I have not killed any parts in a few years, I hurt the front axle at Mt. Aetna a few months ago and i belive that is the reasson my front broke the shaft. Not because my tires are to big.

run the carrier through the parts washer, weld gears, weld gears to carrier, replace and continue to beat the snot out of it.... my junk is on 37's and im not nice to it on stock shafts and regular u-joints and its got a spool in the front... its what i'd do if it were mine, or drop a mini spool in the carrier like mine i think they are 50 bucks shipped?

I am planning to do just that. Bet the piss out of it. But I will be adding a cage to the inside of my truck, just for safty. and then I will take my doors off so that I can SEE.

The front was welded back in 2003, so I guess that is long enough with out any major mishaps. I will make sure that they stay together this time.

:guitar::guitar:
I am planning to do just that. Bet the piss out of it. But I will be adding a cage to the inside of my truck, just for safty. and then I will take my doors off so that I can SEE.

:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::guitar::guitar::guitar:

How's you're luck been with the SSR's?? They make a 35x10.50......my tires stick out too much....
How's the noise on the highway? I think my claws are making me a little deaf...

Agreed. Go to a lock right or aussie or weld it right.

I don't even have to respond, you are repairing all that damage and you believe that...... :twak: Oh yea I forgot you will break the CTM too.

I don't think his tires are too big for his equipment, but he definitely has a driving style that is prone to breaking things! lol.

I had SSR's on my 1st TJ.. they were great for NC.. my LTB's are good but as Ed said.. they losen my filling in my mouth on long trips..
My next set of tires may end up being 35 BFG KM2's .. at $188 each you cant go wrong..

mark

I had SSR's on my 1st TJ.. they were great for NC.. my LTB's are good but as Ed said.. they losen my filling in my mouth on long trips..
My next set of tires may end up being 35 BFG KM2's .. at $188 each you cant go wrong..

mark

Yeh, that's about what the Claws are doing on the highway too! I had a set of old school Radial Swampers that road great, no more noise or vibration then any other BFG/GY radial MT. I'm in aggreement w/KM2's, I've heard nothing bad, just haven't seen them in the Bama mud/rocks yet...the swamps worked well:D

Back