• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will a full sized spare wheel fit..

I fit my 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Duratrac with Ravine wheel in the stock location with a little trimming.... took out the bracket and some plastic. It causes no interference with the hatch or rear seat.

I tried removing the stand but the the tire interfered with the hatch panel. When the tire was on the stand is moved up enough to clear the panel, and although it almost touches the glass it doesn't quite hit and I haven't had any issues with it. The only real problem is that I added some tie-downs and netting to the back of the rear seat, and that stuff touches the tire which keeps the seat beck from locking into place. Nobody sits back there so I don't care. Anyway it's easier to clear the hatch panel with a 31 when the tire is on the stand.

Here's a pic from a thread a few years back. Tight fit with the 31 but the seat is latched and hatch closes.

xjsparetire31s.jpg

Thanks tbburg for the great pics. My 235 70 16 Silent Armor Wrangler spare & 5-spoke alloy rim bolted up onto the little bracket perfectly. Of course, this tire is only 29" high. Gate shuts perfectly and rear seat latches ditto.

Back