• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

why I buy American Made

JeepinCoastie

NAXJA Forum User
Back in Dec I needed new motor mounts and I have herd nothing but great stuff about Brown Dog motor mounts ...
Got them and was more then impressed by them...

Like a normal guy I did not read the directions at install ... after a day or 2 I actually read through them and they state to be very careful not to over tighten the bolts ... so I went back and check and of course i did so i backed them off ...
we recently i noticed the drives side bushing was toast ... and I attributed it to my own stupidity ...
So today I ordered a new set of bushing ...

Well with in a half hour of ordering I get a call from them and he was curious as to why i ordered new bushings so quickly cuz he wants to stand by his product ...

After explaining what happening he then explained there was an issue with the drivers side motor mounts on XJs and he had since redesigned. He then proceeded to tell me to make sure everything is right he was going to cancel my order and send me a new motor mount on "warranty"

Not only did he go out of his way to find out what happened but made it right even after i said i believed it to be my own stupidity.

thats why I buy American Made

Sounds like a good company.

I did some dealing with Iron Rock off road for our wj, and they went out of their way to find shocks that will work for our 2 inch lift, and for the 3 inch lift we're getting soon.

And, they shipped the shocks from CA so we'd have them faster.

Good customer service makes or breaks a company.

I buy American made because I can speak proper English and utilize proper sentence structure. However, if it's a car, I buy German made.................:D

Oh, I forgot, we all need to speak proper English on NAXJA ...

Im sorry I may have offended you

SCREW OFF! :moon:

Now I hope I did :laugh3:

First let me start by saying I agree and I am not trying to start some major e-war on here

By the way I read your original post it would seem to me that the proper thread title should be "why I buy from Brown Dog". The fact that it is American made really holds no weight in the topic it has to do more with Brown Dog and there (what sounds like) excellent customer service.

That is all, like I said not trying to rattle any cages this is just my opinion

Oh, I forgot, we all need to speak proper English on NAXJA ...

Im sorry I may have offended you

SCREW OFF! :moon:

Now I hope I did :laugh3:

No, you forgot we need to speak proper English every time we open our mouths.

Not at all, you simply make yourself look undereducated. Which, in and of itself, does not bother me in the slightest. You are going to be called on it every time though..............;)

I buy American made because I can speak proper English and utilize proper sentence structure. However, if it's a car, I buy German made.................:D

Yeah American Cars suck now-a-days. There are a few exceptions but i'd rather have a Vdub!

Yeah American Cars suck now-a-days. There are a few exceptions but i'd rather have a Vdub!

THREAD HI-JACK

My cousins Beetle has been on the hook more times than my 5 american vehicles combined. Same for my co-workers Passat always in the shop.

It's tough to tell what is, and what is-not American made these days. Many of our favorite import cars are actually built in America while many of the other products we use are merely assembled in America ...meaning it's tough to tell the origin of the content or the composition of the materials used (eek-that's a scarry thought).

I can tell you, that as a Canadian, I almost-always prefer American customer service. Now if only you guys would realize it's pronounced Zed NOT Zee :D

Last edited:
THREAD HI-JACK

My cousins Beetle has been on the hook more times than my 5 american vehicles combined. Same for my co-workers Passat always in the shop.

Well i want Jetta. I don't mean that the american cars suck I just think they are ugly. The quality has definitely gotten better with american cars. All of our XJ's have their bugs too. They are the greateset thing electrically. I had great luck with my 20 year old Vdub so I am not really that worried about on that is a few years old.

Well i want Jetta. I don't mean that the american cars suck I just think they are ugly. The quality has definitely gotten better with american cars. All of our XJ's have their bugs too. They are the greateset thing electrically. I had great luck with my 20 year old Vdub so I am not really that worried about on that is a few years old.

Well, go price a spark plug wire for you jetta, $120 for ONE wire is a bit on the stiff end.

Well, go price a spark plug wire for you jetta, $120 for ONE wire is a bit on the stiff end.

Solution: get a Jetta TDI - no spark plugs, so you don't need to buy wires.

Solution: get a Jetta TDI - no spark plugs, so you don't need to buy wires.

Ding Ding Ding! thats my plan. I have done a little research about the lift pump thing and there are certain years to look out for. We have those too 84-86 with a 2.8! :D

No, you forgot we need to speak proper English every time we open our mouths.

Not at all, you simply make yourself look undereducated. Which, in and of itself, does not bother me in the slightest. You are going to be called on it every time though..............;)

Dunno - being "undereducated" is about as fixable as being "ignorant" - all you have to do is continue teaching them. "Uneducated" is similar.

You can't fix stupid. Stupid exposes itself the first time you try to teach it, and it refuses to be taught. At that point, you have a choice to make:

1) Continue trying. This would be because you are paid to do so (I can't think of any other reason to bang you head on the wall like this, apart from sheer stubbornness.)

2) Walk away and teach someone else. Chances are, you'll find someone who is willing to learn.

3) "Welcome to the gene pool. I am Chlorine, and I'll be your tour guide and lifeguard to-day..."

So you want a German brand that's made in Mexico.

I'll say the same thing I do to everyone I know about to buy a VW. Good luck. 7 out of 10 of them seem to be really great cars.

Back