• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whos running the biggest block underneath there xj?

xjj33p3r said:
I didn't know that a RamJet 502 was a lift block. And even if it isn't an engine, which I was GUESSING, go kiss my ass anyways you pompus prick.

2 corrections... for the sake of clarity

This is a Ramjet 502
12497323_large.jpg

"Ram Jet 502, you either have one or you want one. With 502 horsepower at 5100 rpm and 565 ft-lbs of torque at 3200 rpm, the instantly throttle responsive Ram Jet 502 drives like no other big-block you've ever driven. With over 500 lb. of torque from 2200 to 5200 rpm the ram Jet 502 is a tire shredding monster."

and the word is spelled POMPOUS

glad I could help :D

xjj33p3r,

If you read the thread title carefully, you may realize that it is ambiguous.

And remember, when you assume, it makes an ass of you and me -- well not so much me.

Last edited:
I don't really think I made an ass of myself considering someone was trying to make a crack at me. I'll defend myself regardless if this thread is a joke or not.

And thanks for the spelling correction :D

i am not planning on running a bigger block. I was just seeing if anyone was.

to be honest i want to run a 12 inch block and stack coil spacer to 12 inches and then buy one of those high take plumping roof racks i saw on here a few months back. then i want to swap out my I6 for a 3 banger geo motor

This is my best project yet!

Rev Den said:
I run a 4" block to keep from driving thru the garage wall.

Rev
could you be so kind as to explain how a 4" block keeps you from driving through the garage wall

Gil BullyKatz said:
This is a Ramjet 502
12497323_large.jpg

"Ram Jet 502, you either have one or you want one. With 502 horsepower at 5100 rpm and 565 ft-lbs of torque at 3200 rpm, the instantly throttle responsive Ram Jet 502 drives like no other big-block you've ever driven. With over 500 lb. of torque from 2200 to 5200 rpm the ram Jet 502 is a tire shredding monster."

Thats what this thread should be about. :D :D :D

2.5" block, definitely need to invest in some stiffer springs though. I'd like to get a set of alcans made but I work at Burger King and thats two weeks of work for a couple of leaf springs.

small_DSC01781.sized.jpg

This thread has turned out to be funny as hell. :laugh2: :laugh2:

BTW, I run 2.25" blocks and a traction bar.

A couple of months ago I saw a cherokee with at least 2 3 1/2 lift block stacked on top of eachother using stock spings. I think it had 37s and a dana 35.

azxjman said:
A couple of months ago I saw a cherokee with at least 2 3 1/2 lift block stacked on top of eachother using stock spings. I think it had 37s and a dana 35.

AZboy quite taking about yourself as "a buddy's Cherokee" or "when I was at the mall wheeling I saw a Cherokee"

We all know you're talking about your junk, just admit it, you'll become a better boy for doing so, maybe even a man someday!

hinkley

BTW, I got rid of my springs and now just have blocks, rides real sooooooooth!

Ramsey said:
could you be so kind as to explain how a 4" block keeps you from driving through the garage wall
Can't speak for Rev, but a 4" block keeps my rig from going through my garage wall too ... a 4" wheel chock (slap ... wake up!).

BTW ... I use inch and a quarter blocks and traction bar. Had axle wrap without any blocks, so don't anyone think for a minute you are immune from wrap because you don't use lift blocks.

IMO ... Blocks, if done right, work fine. Not so sure I'd use them to gain 4 or 5 inches of lift though.

Les

PS: I slap you ... "Cause I love you man!"

Gil BullyKatz said:
I run a 3" block, but it's totally responsible for my bilaterally broken leaf packs, and my screwy driveshaft/wheelbase geometry. Even though they have a "built-in" taper to adjust for pinion angle, they moved my axle forward.
it was meant as a quick fix, but I blew it off until I found out the hard way why it's better to get bigger leaf packs...
You got new leaf packs? Cool, I had heard rumors of someone selling them out from under you.

Mark Hinkley said:
AZboy quite taking about yourself as "a buddy's Cherokee" or "when I was at the mall wheeling I saw a Cherokee"

We all know you're talking about your junk, just admit it, you'll become a better boy for doing so, maybe even a man someday!

hinkley

BTW, I got rid of my springs and now just have blocks, rides real sooooooooth!

Are you kidding me I wish I was cool enough to have a big block in my cherokee . But two wow I couldnt imagine the coolness factor of that.

lbexj said:
Can't speak for Rev, but a 4" block keeps my rig from going through my garage wall too ... a 4" wheel chock (slap ... wake up!).

BTW ... I use inch and a quarter blocks and traction bar. Had axle wrap without any blocks, so don't anyone think for a minute you are immune from wrap because you don't use lift blocks.

IMO ... Blocks, if done right, work fine. Not so sure I'd use them to gain 4 or 5 inches of lift though.

Les

PS: I slap you ... "Cause I love you man!"
wow, i am really slow. thanks for the tough love

Good thing I read this cuz I was talking to a friend who said he'd give me a pair of 3" blocks...never mind that unless I feel like getting a traction bar to go with it. I've heard that Z71 shackles work, is this true. If so, I'll try and find some at a junk yard and use them...:D

kid4lyf said:
You got new leaf packs? Cool, I had heard rumors of someone selling them out from under you.

Nope... Back to square 1
I have a pair of OME main leafs thanks to the MWC-WI sub-chapter, but I might be picking up a pair of waggy packs to mix and match...

p.s. they weren't even sold... They were "given" away... ;)

Back