• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who wants a GOOD tow rig cheap?

Rock2pus

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My mother's track and turf business is in the process of replacing a few of the trucks in their fleet for tax purposes. She mentioned this one and my ears perked up : 1999 F350 Crew Cab Dually with Powerstroke/Automatic. (4x2)...I dont know if it has power accessories, it does have 190k on it (doesnt mean much on a 7.3), and has a clean service history with no mechanical issues..It is set up as a stakebody, however I see no reason any local body company woulnt be happy to swap you one of their leftover beds and take the stakes...They are asking 6k....thats silly cheap for that rig..I'll try to get there this weekend and get more info and take a few pics...they also have a newer F250 (gas), engine, milage, cab unknown..., also willing to let go for a few grand. Jump on it, folks! the season's upon us!
Rich

oh boy my dream truck :)

99 dually f350 2wd. SLAMMED on 19.5s. but i dont have the $$ right now :(

I'll have pics and more info up tomorrow hopefully, once I can get over there to look at them myself...I know they are both plain white, and both are in very good condition, body-wise (neither has been hit)...if not tomorrow, look for updates sunday afternoon.
Rich

UPDATE: I know more now.
The 1999F350: 199K on the 7.3 PowerStroke...runs fine, clean service history, no issues..regular oil changes and transmission flushes..it is a crew cab with a 10 foot stakebody bed, with a fifth wheel mounted under a trapdoor in the bedfloor. Factory tow package with in-cab brake controller..white with grey interior (vinyl with seatcovers), no power accessories...has had recent front brakes and rotors replaced, along with inner and outer(unit) bearings, and all 6 tires are recent replacements as well.
1998F250: it is the "light duty" body style (I believe this was known as the "8700")...has the F150 body with an upgraded frame/suspension. Gas 4.6l, 193k miles, regular services including trans flushes..also has the towing package and in-cab brake controller. Regular cab, 8' bed with ford bedliner and tailgate/siderail caps..silver with grey vinyl interior, no power accessories.

they are asking 6000 for the F350 (a steal if you ask me), and 3000 for the 250 (not bad, either)...pics upcoming.
Rich

I believe it was a chassis truck, from the looks of it...the thing is pure beef, built for hauling.
And not for nothing, but towing with an auto is a pleasure...my mom (who's in charge of such things and rolls a '10 JK herself), made absolutely sure that the trannies in all their trucks get a full fluid flush and fill yearly.
Rich

photos of the F350 can be emailed to all interested parties..pm me with your email address.
Rich

Last edited:
Back