• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who plans to attend?

juicexj24 said:
I'm in after wheeling RC every month for the last six months I'm taking a little break, well coaching is causing that break but I'll be there.
Nothing to fix just the reg. once over.
Juice

Hey Paul,
You have been to RC evey month for the past 6 months?? Wow, that is a good average. I am doing good if I can get there every other month!!

Glad to hear that you can make it, see you then.

Andy

uncc civilengineer said:
It's only 400 miles I seriously considering making it up...

You should try to make it, there are some really great HC trails at RC and the competition area is loads of fun to play on.

A.

Hey Andy,

RC is only 85 miles from me and you only need two to make a group unlike Paragon which is cool.

Paul

Just saw this thread.

I'm thinking about it, whether i bring the jeep or not I might go.

Anyone coming down route 80 around New Jersey going if I decide not to bring the jeep or if its not even around?

Wouldn't mind catching up with all you guys and watch some people do some wheeling.

31s 3.5 inches of lift
f/r recovery
CB
fire extingusher
recovery rope
oils/fluids etc.
sliders
belly skid
lca skids

Is this sufficient?

I got maybe 500 bucks to burn befor then what should I invest in? locker? gas tank skid? half doors?

Wow, I'm behind. Just spotted this thread.

I should be there, one way or another. Even if I'm still without my XJ...
mecompco said:
MapQuest says it's 10 hours non-stop (and two tanks of gas) to get there so we may have to wait for a closer event. Sure sounds like fun, though--we'll see how things look closer to the event.
If you can make it for multiple days it's definitely worth it. I've gone down from NH the last two years in a row. My first year took me I believe just over 13hrs one way (to Paragon at the time). 4.88 gears and 30" tires had my top speed way down and gas mileage in the single digits...

nhrocker said:
I should be there, one way or another.

ride with rob

MDXJ said:
ride with rob
im not even sure if mine will be done by then, rob just need to get one of brettm's shift kits and shift manually

what is wrong with his jeep

MDXJ said:
he had a small electrical fire under the hood back in Aug, replaced the wires and it hasnt shifted right since, he said it was acting funny before the fire too, im sure he can elaborate more

MDXJ said:
Links to some threads I had going when I was working on it:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=927839
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=929724

It was a mess of problems, some of which I still haven't figured out. Once it warms up enough for me to work on it outside again I'll be tearing back into it. At this point I want to get the exhaust fixed back up and replace the entire wiring harness, ECU, and TCU. See if that does anything.

Good news out of this is that since my Jeep's been down I ended up getting a VW Passat as a daily driver back in the fall. Much better gas mileage and a much quieter ride... :D If worse comes to worst I'll just drive that down and play photographer all weekend. Like I said, one way or another I'll be there... :cheers:

nhrocker said:
Links to some threads I had going when I was working on it:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=927839
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=929724

It was a mess of problems, some of which I still haven't figured out. Once it warms up enough for me to work on it outside again I'll be tearing back into it. At this point I want to get the exhaust fixed back up and replace the entire wiring harness, ECU, and TCU. See if that does anything.

Good news out of this is that since my Jeep's been down I ended up getting a VW Passat as a daily driver back in the fall. Much better gas mileage and a much quieter ride... :D If worse comes to worst I'll just drive that down and play photographer all weekend. Like I said, one way or another I'll be there... :cheers:

That sucks.... well, you know that there will be plenty of shotgun seats for you if you don't get your junk together in time.

Andy in Pa. said:
Hey Paul,
You have been to RC evey month for the past 6 months?? Wow, that is a good average. I am doing good if I can get there every other month!!

Glad to hear that you can make it, see you then.

Andy
hey andy,

i try to wheel at least once a month. i've been wheeling 18 days in the past 16 months, most of them at RC. probably would've been a few more days of wheeling had paragon not closed. :(

i'm going to try to make this event. however, i will have just returned from a three-day wheeling trip at the Big Dogs Spring Fling, so god only knows what condition my rig will be in.

altierior said:
hey andy,

i try to wheel at least once a month. i've been wheeling 18 days in the past 16 months, most of them at RC. probably would've been a few more days of wheeling had paragon not closed. :(

i'm going to try to make this event. however, i will have just returned from a three-day wheeling trip at the Big Dogs Spring Fling, so god only knows what condition my rig will be in.

I wish I could still maintain that average!! House/wife/kids has slowed me down a bit, but once the kids get older, we'll be bringing them with us.

When is the Big Dogs Spring Fling? I haven't made it down to a Big Dogs event yet, hopefully one of these days. Cool, if you could make it to Nac-Fest, that would be great.

A.

Back