• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

White XJ Stuck in the snow on the news?

BlueCuda

NAXJA Forum User
So I am sitting here watching the news this morning. They are covering the snowstorm in the northeast part of the country. Well whats one of the first things they show? A white XJ giving it hell trying to get out of the snow. Even worse, one guy standing on the bumper and one guy pulling on the door handle to help it out I guess?

Its a nice looking XJ with 33s, looks like a long arm, and an aftermarket bumper? Also appears to be lacking the ever important four wheel drive stick :D

So come on....Who was it :D

Clark

So some one out there spent the time on a a long arm lift, 33s, and bumpers, but didnt bother doing the 4wd swap?

I am guessing this was national news? What station?

Haha, I saw the same thing. Open Diffs much?

From what I've read, lockers aren't always desireable in snow/ice....

Didn't see it, but sounds to me like it is just a case of bad driving....lockers won't fix a bad driver!

Didn't see it, but sounds to me like it is just a case of bad driving....lockers won't fix a bad driver!
I agree they aren't, especially on ice but 4 tires churning will sure as hell get you pretty far. They looked kinda young to me. I am guessing it was a mall crawler!

So some one out there spent the time on a a long arm lift, 33s, and bumpers, but didnt bother doing the 4wd swap?

I am guessing this was national news? What station?

It was on NBC.

I am locked front and rear and they are fine on ice and snow. You have to know how to work them but I don't think they make things any worse. I used to have a tru-trac in the front and it was way worse than the locker in the front. With the locker you can put it in 2wd to help make tight turns. With the tru-trac it never disengaged. Not as much of a problem in snow but in ice it was a bad deal as it didn't want to turn no matter 2wd or 4wd.

LOL my money is on no front driveshaft because he found a deal on a geared, bolt-in rearend for it that didn't match front ratio. :D

Its a stretch, but I have been that guy before lol. Although I never got stuck as it was summer time.

I can't see if there is a D30 in the front or not. No 4x4 bad but that doesn't always mean 2wd.

i prolly would of fell on the floor LMAO if that guy pulling on the door handle would of slipped off the handle and hit the ground =) or the handle would of just... broke off =)

and it could still just be a 2wd "jeepspeed" with long arm's on it =). the news can never put cool jeeps online to show off how awesome they are... no they find one like this guy struggling to move.

Just like they never find the well spoken buisness man to tell about the tornado or hurricane. Its always the fat lady in a robe and hair curlers :D.

Maybe the scene was too short, but there didn't appear to be a front diff. Also, no '4X4' on the rear quarter. And, neither front wheel was slipping.

My vote- poser 2 wheel drive.

Maybe the scene was too short, but there didn't appear to be a front diff. Also, no '4X4' on the rear quarter. And, neither front wheel was slipping.

My vote- poser 2 wheel drive.

x2

x3= homo,shoulda spent the money on 4wheel drive conversion. And the dude pulling on the door handle is a plain retard:twak:. I've bin driving around here in mine going through plowed piles and in 4low she crawls right throw with open diffs,like stated its all in the driver.

I was about to come on here and show you all the link, when I saw it was already being discussed. I just about hit the floor laughing when I saw it. Either it's a 2-wheel poser or else the driver doesn't know what that smaller lever near the shift lever is used for. :D

Back