• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Locker do you HAVE? POLL

Which locker(s) do you HAVE? Poll

• Total voters
Full Detroits both axles in the XJ.

Tera T-lockers (not available anymore) in the buggy. I love the T-lockers, but if I was doing it again I'd Detroit or spool the front and selectable lock the rear.......but that's not for a street rig.

I used to have T-lockers front and rear. I came off of a ledge while I was locked, and this is what the front locker did:

100_2944.jpg

That rougher looking area is an inclusion in the casting. The entire mounting ring for the diff gear split off.

100_2942.jpg

This is a manufacturing fault. It was after 3 years, so Tera would not warrantee it.

On the other hand, the rear locker in the 44 has worked flawlessly for 10 years. It has the added feature, I think, of staying locked even without air pressure.

Spartan. Absolutely the best $250 I ever put into the XJ.

Powertrax NS in the rear/open front. Installed a year ago and after one winter's driving I absolutely do not see what the fuss is that some people make about rear auto lockers in winter conditions. And there are no leaking air lines or problematic cables to worry about.

truetrac front and rear.Not a locker, but i went this route from getting sick of driving with lockers daily, for the type of off roading i do, i dont miss lockers at all.

Wow, this is from when I had a welded 8.25...now I have a D44 and Detroit. Welded sucked on road, the Detroit is fine.

Back