• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which lift kit is better

jar

NAXJA Forum User
whick lift kits are better rubicon express, teraflex, or tomkin. I was looking at a 4-5 inch lift. seen the new tera flex 4 inch long arm kit. what do you think.

Different people feel strongly about different companys. All you are going to get is opinions, mine is the RE. RE makes quality stuff I like everything from RE except for sway bar disco's. I like any long arm kit, but dont have the money for one :)

I think this is a good basic question to ask but the answers will be all types because each lift kit is designed for different things. First i u have an ealier 90's model then you may feel the need to get a more agressive lift package as to a 2001 may be more of highway/offroad mid grade lift package.
Heres my opinion because im still asking myself which to get and im lookin at the same as you......mine is a daily driver so must still ride very good on highway/city terf but i want weekend offroad compatability. I also want a nice 4" or 6" "LIFT LOOK" as to thats just how i like it and so far im still debating on the RE4.5" kit or the teraflex LA. Either way, all shocks will be changed, brake lines, leafs, coils, control arms, trac bars, stablizers, tie rods, pitman arm, quick disconnects, etc. EVERYTHING will eventually ALL be done!!!
Hope that helps ur decision a bit.

After you search, you will still be confused. There are many variables and only you can determine what you want to do with the rig. What year is it? How radical do you want to off-road or rock? Is it a daily driver (DD)? How much are you willing to spend? What do you want it to look like?
When you answer these questions, then spend time researching, calling vaious vendors that handle more than one make and ask questions. Talk to your mechanic or 4x4 shop. Look at jeep magazines - JP, etc.
Each modification will have a recipical required modification and thus goes the money.
I can tell you what I did, but then some other guy will indicate that mine is wrong and his is right.
As a 99 DD, I went with OME (plus leaf in rear pack and Zj front coil), JKS disco and tie rod, RE H/S SYE, RE shims, brake lines and hardware, and alot of metal in front and rear bumpers = 3-3.5 lift. If you do not understand the acronyms, then do more research. Call Dirk at DPG Offroad.

Back