• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where you at NJ/PA XJ'ers

No, no ... My wife and I recently spent some time checking out a few places in PA. You're WAAY east of the middle of nowhere. Centre County (Bellefont area) is the center of nowhere. And west of nowhere there's miles and miles of nothing.

Easy, I happen to be from that area. (Clearfield) Just west of center county so I must be in the nothing. But we do have lots of places to wheel. You planning on moving down here Eagle?

im in wernersville pa, 10 miles west of reading pa, a little over an hour from phillipsburg/easton, i used to get to the "boxcar" (if your familiar w/easton & phillipsburg NJ you know)in about an hour...
i usually head to paragon to wheel, im thinking of hitting rausch creek soon..

magoo117 said:
It(the underground mine fire)is in Centralia its close to Pottstown(Yuengling Beer)

thats pottsville, not pottstown, pottstown is about 45mins east of reading, towards philly...

:homer simpson voice: yuengling, mmmmmmmmmmm beer
philly, mmmmmmmmmmm cheesesteak ahghlhl

Yeah pottsville, I'm looking at the label right now, hehe, mmmmmm. Anyway yeah I know the BoxCar. My phone number is 1 digit diffrent then theirs and people always used to call my house looking for someone. My dad used to joke around saying "oh yeah becky's here, I think she's in the back with joe" something like that. haha. To bad it shut down before I was 18.

Anyway, Let me know who's down for wheelin, I'll ready to go play.

hey matt you already know where im from man. i gotta get out on some of the trails again, we should go next time u feal ur rigs is up 2 it. Warren County here people and i just paid the membership to naxja, kinda takes alittle while to get ur name in red though

Eagle said:
No, no ... My wife and I recently spent some time checking out a few places in PA. You're WAAY east of the middle of nowhere. Centre County (Bellefont area) is the center of nowhere. And west of nowhere there's miles and miles of nothing.

Eagle if you had made it down my way you'd have seen a lot of "nowhere" territory. Actually between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg there isn't a whole lot of anything in PA other than Johnstown, Altoona, and State College.

jeepguy97 said:
Easy, I happen to be from that area. (Clearfield) Just west of center county so I must be in the nothing. But we do have lots of places to wheel. You planning on moving down here Eagle?
Giving it serious thought ... but after some scouting around my wife found a section a bit south and east of Lancaster that she really likes, so that may be a notch above Bellefont and Centre County on the hit parade.

PA Highlander said:
Actually between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg there isn't a whole lot of anything in PA other than Johnstown, Altoona, and State College.

HOW could you leave out Nanty Glo and Breezewood? :confused1

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Mike in NJ said:
HOW could you leave out Nanty Glo and Breezewood? :confused1

Easy ... they don't amount to much! :wierd: Breezewood only exits because of the I-70 and I-76 exchange anyways. The town I live in is smaller than Nanty Glo, BTW (Cairnbrook). How on earth did a Jersey boy end up in Nanty Glo ... :confused1

PA Highlander said:
How on earth did a Jersey boy end up in Nanty Glo ... :confused1

Also easy - in-laws there required many round trips between Hunterdon and Cambria counties. Of course, they're R.I.P in Black Lick these days, so no more rides along US22 west of Altoona. You're right of course, not much going on out there, but the 4x4 potential always looked huge. Any public land around? When are you guys out there going to organize sumthin'?

Never got the chance to sample Cairnbrook, although before I99 got finished, we used to take PA56 over the hill through Windber, Paint, and Scalp Level, (gotta love Pennsy town names out there!) which put me in your neighborhood.

Now Breezewood ("The Gateway to the South"! :D ), I think you're selling short, you're showing your age. It was around long before anyone knew what "Interstate" meant. The PA Tpke put an exit there in the 40's with US30 (The Lincoln Coast to Coast Highway) - and the "Town of Motels" was born. Now it has one of the best speed traps around (bottom of Sideling Hill headed West on the Tpke).

Well, if we had a ride out there, at least there'd be plenty of places to stay!

Mike in NJ said:
... You're right of course, not much going on out there, but the 4x4 potential always looked huge. Any public land around? When are you guys out there going to organize sumthin'? ...

Yep, there is lots of turf out here but most of it is not open to wheeling. I've joined a local club (Black List Wheelers Assoc) and they have found some open trails. If I can keep my Heep running long enough, I plan to learn some of the trails and then work on getting some NAXJA folks out this way.

Oh yeah, at 32 I am a bit too young to remember the pre-interstate Breezewood!

Im in Trenton, NJ. Mom lives in Norristown, PA. i get around. I get into assumpink at least once a week. Its a great place too get muddy.

hmm im usually in York, live closer to harrisburg...

but then again in 2 months ill be living in state college..

so im anywhere central pa.. hooah

magoo117 said:
It(the underground mine fire)is in Centralia its close to Pottstown(Yuengling Beer)

That would be Pottsville, not Pottstown. These two places are about 1 1/2 hours apart. I grew up about 15 minutes from the brewery and never have been there. "Yingyang" beer was considered **** back when I lived there. It has come a long way. I am currently in Souderton PA, about an hour and ten south of Paragon. :cheers:

Back