• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where were you ten years ago today?

Ten years ago today, deployed to Iraq, securing resources for major corporations, er I mean saving the world from terrorists.

SSgt Martin
USMC '96-'04

I was in "college" and working at Sport Chalet, daily driving my XJ and hitting every mud puddle pierce college and Moorpark college had to offer when it rained. Joined NAXJA in 2004.

Time goes by quick
PhotoGrid_1344485682636.jpg

Well a lot has happened in the last ten years for me . Ten years ago I wasn't old enough to drink legally. finished tech school. Back in the same area after leaving with my ex. Have had multiple xj's in the time. Found out about naxja in 06. Joined in 07, I think. Learned a bit more about heeps, met lots of great people.

To add a bit more detail on myself...

Ten years ago I was ten years younger (how profound!).

I had my red Jeep on 3" of lift with 235s, it looked like this:
06_08_2003___big_bear_34.jpg

(bonus points if you can ID the rest of the rigs in there)

I was with Holly back then but not married. No kids, it was a simpler life! Still working at the same job though so that hasn't changed.

Ten years ago I was 18 and had just started my first job (more like only job still working for them now.) Got my first car 89 RS Camaro With the T-tops lol I thought I was pimp. Then in September I had my first kid. Looking back now ten years ago was a busy time in my life.

I was years into the XJ experience by 2003, so the years all run together...

1004_026_zps70e0df75.jpg

One of these Guy's is still fairly active in NAXJA (photo from a much earlier XJ trip than Sequoia's).

In 2003 I owned two XJ's and was driving both in the desert, Big Bear, Baja Mexico, and hanging around NAXJA's forums a lot back then (much more than now).

It's satisfying to read & review that the chapter still maintains 2N04 and actively participates in the SBNF Adopt-A-Trail Program.

I still have my red 88'. I keep it hidden in the desert and pull it out for drivers training duty for my son (and at eleven, now he can now reach the pedals to do more than doughnuts in a field).

10-years for the SoCal Chapter!

:party:

1004_026_zps70e0df75.jpg

One of these Guy's is still fairly active in NAXJA (photo from a much earlier XJ trip than Sequoia's).

In 2003 I owned two XJ's and was driving both in the desert, Big Bear, Baja Mexico, and hanging around NAXJA's forums a lot back then (much more than now).

It's satisfying to read & review that the chapter still maintains 2N04 and actively participates in the SBNF Adopt-A-Trail Program.

I still have my red 88'. I keep it hidden in the desert and pull it out for drivers training duty for my son (and at eleven, now he can now reach the pedals to do more than doughnuts in a field).

is richard wearing daisy dukes?

Ten years ago, I went on my first NAXJA trail run at Los Coyotes Indian Reservation. I was a bit nervous about driving all the way out there to wheel with people I had never met. I remember that MJR, Marisha, Charles S., and Rick were there. I can't remember who else was there.

In 2004, I went on my first Rubicon trip with Remi, Cal, Dan Turner, Scott Becker, and Derek (jmaxj).

1004_026_zps70e0df75.jpg

Ed it was your AOL pages that helped convince me to buy a Cherokee.

Come out to our trail maintenance on the 19th.

Last edited:
In 2003 I was living in the same house I am now, working for the same company I am now, I was driving the same XJ, NAXJA was only 4 years old and I was still dealing with that headache called an ex wife.

Back