• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to run CB power wires?

JeepMaz

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 XJ. I'm mounting a CB above the rear-view. I will run the power and antenna wires under the headliner to the driverside a-pillar. Antenna wire will go to the back for my antenna. Where is the best place to run the power wires?

I'd go with what JeepMaz said and run it up the a-pillar :) (then from there either through the firewall where an existing grommet is, or pigg-back off an existing circuit... carefull not to overload one though).

TheNerd

through passenger side firewall, there is a fuse-box and with a little prying you should be able to run your leads through there and up to battery, I did the same on my 2000 xj classic

I ran my power wires directly to the battery. You will receive less noise this way. The only problem is that you need to be careful not leave the CB on when you leave your truck.

OK, I was thinking about trying to run them to the power outlet in the front console and splicing them to that. Any ideas on whether this would be good/bad? I rarely ever use the cigarette lighter or power outlets.

I took out my cigarette lighter and used those power leads for my CB.

I have a hand held unit, and the hole left by the lighter was a perfect for for the plug that the hand unit goes it.

I spliced the power cord on mine into a lighter plug and mounted the unit under the driver's seat. Long mic cord and a clip on the dash for when I need it. Otherwise It's invisible and out of the way.

The only way to go in my opinion.

The wife laughs 'cause it seems as though any communications are coming from my butt, but she's used to that.

Back