• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to Mount the ARB Compressor?? Interior? Engine Bay?? Install Tomorrow!

I mounted it in between the brake booster and the air box... turned out great!!! i appreciate everyone's input!!! I'll post some pics later on!!

What are you guys using/doing to hook up the air kits? for inflating your tires

What are you guys using/doing to hook up the air kits? for inflating your tires

Mine came with the ARB blue hose and clamp on chuck. With the compressor mounted on the drivers side "c" pillar I can reach all 4 tires with no problems by routing the hose out the rear doors on either side.

i dont quite understand how to hook up my arb air kit, I cant see any way of connecting the air line to the supplied air kit, it came with a quick connect housing, but i guess im not seeing how to get that hooked up to the air source.... pnuematics are basically egyptian to me i suppose... lol

any insight?

searched before i made a new post....

i see some are mounted in the rear of the jeep inside, i have a small ARB comp that's just enough to power 2 lockers. are they that loud or to the point where i would hate having it mounted in the back of the XJ?

searched before i made a new post....

i see some are mounted in the rear of the jeep inside, i have a small ARB comp that's just enough to power 2 lockers. are they that loud or to the point where i would hate having it mounted in the back of the XJ?

they are not very loud. but that is an entirely subjective argument. its going to differ with opinion

here is what is not opinion:
if your ARBs are installed properly, the compressor should hardly run. its not like it has to run constantly to keep pressure. once you are locked, the comp should not cycle.

even if I lock both of my lockers the comp has to run less than a second to get back up to pressure. it doesn't even have to run again to lock just one locker.

I mounted mine under the engine bay, but if I had to do it again I wouldn't hesitate to mount it in the cab.

8ybezu7u.jpg

Here's what I did, its been awesome.

Mine is mounted behind the drivers side quarter panel with an air outlet coming through to the engine bay. It's a tight fit, don't think it would work for those with trimmed fenders.

Back