• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy rear leaf spring bushings?

stephenspann27

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace all of my shackle/leaf spring bushings. Wheeling has really taken its tole on my 23 year old bushings. After each wheeling trip I get more pops and creaks.

I found a Moog set at O'rielly for $28 it says "Two per vehicle" I think this is the leaf spring frame bushing at the front of the spring.

Also, at O'rielly I found a energy suspension rear bushing "set" (it does not detail the contents for $64.

I'm just looking for pointer on brand/vendor/price.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

The Energy suspension (poly, I'm assuming) for the rear "should" include:
front (of the leaf) 2 ea., rear leaf to shackle (2), rear shackle to frame (2) and probably 2 ea. sway bar bushing. (8 total). For $64 = $8 per bushing, and they're poly. Personal preference for me is rubber, better ride, flex etc.

The Moogs, (rubber and better) are priced per bushing, you'll need 6, assuming there is no sway bar $14 x 2 more if you're replacing those. So $28 x 6 = $168 + the $28 for the sway bar.

The poly (E.S.) will work, but you'll be happier with the Moogs. Then there is always the OEM bushings, which IMHO are better than the poly, not to mention that they've lasted 23 years.

Edit: Oh yeah, you asked where, sorry. OEM teamcherokee.com, Moog (I dunno), Energy Suspension - ebay or AutoZone.

Last edited:
The Energy suspension (poly, I'm assuming) for the rear "should" include:
front (of the leaf) 2 ea., rear leaf to shackle (2), rear shackle to frame (2) and probably 2 ea. sway bar bushing. (8 total). For $64 = $8 per bushing, and they're poly. Personal preference for me is rubber, better ride, flex etc.

The Moogs, (rubber and better) are priced per bushing, you'll need 6, assuming there is no sway bar $14 x 2 more if you're replacing those. So $28 x 6 = $168 + the $28 for the sway bar.

The poly (E.S.) will work, but you'll be happier with the Moogs. Then there is always the OEM bushings, which IMHO are better than the poly, not to mention that they've lasted 23 years.

Edit: Oh yeah, you asked where, sorry. OEM teamcherokee.com, Moog (I dunno), Energy Suspension - ebay or AutoZone.

Thank you all the info and pricing. I too have a preference for Moog rubber, but I don't know if I can justify spending that much more for them.. not when $$ is tight.. I might have to go the ES Poly route.

The cheapest I could find OEM ones was actually Quadratec, surprisingly. 9 bucks for the ones that go at the shackle end, 11 for the leaf eye bushings. Comes to 4 bucks less for all 4 than the teamcherokee set.

I'm running Crown replacements for the spring bushings that I got from Morris4x4/Cyberjeep. After discount, $45.95 shipped for the 4 spring bushings.

For rubber shackle/frame bushings, I was just going to buy new stock shackles (bushing already installed), but I'm still running the old ones there. I couldn't find anything but poly bushings, and when I ordered a set, I was sent the wrong ones, and the retailer blew me off when I wanted the bushings I paid for. Crown replacements are like $18 a piece. Figure a total of about $85 shipped for the 4 spring bushings and 2 shackles with bushings.

A lot of people bash Crown, but I thought I'd throw that out there. I've been running mine for about a year now, no issues so far, although I don't wheel my XJ.

I ordered my bushings from Quadratec for my OME springs. Like KASTEIN said, cheapest I could find too...stock shackles with bushing installed are $18 ea. So, just under $80 total plus shipping of 12.99. I think that's prob the best price you'll find. Try RockAuto.com too...haven't checked there myself.

For a total of $62 right

9x2=18 + 4x11=44 total=62 ?
I was only calculating based on ones on the leaf springs, when I did my lift I didn't replace my shackles. Like 97stomper said, new stock shackles with preinstalled bushings are fairly cheap. From the look of it, TeamCherokee's set of bushings is the same 4 on the leaf springs.

The only thing I would watch out for is the leaf eye + shackle bolts, they're a pain in the butt if your XJ is as rusty as mine.

Back