• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to buy cps?

I had already spotted the one at Rockauto, just not hit the "send" button yet. The thing that is not very confidence inspiring about the auto part websites is the fact that on some that I've seen, you search starting with your vehicle info and it says the part is not available....but if you start with the part number, it says it'll work with your vehicle....which is it?
On the Wells part at Autozone, they show 2:
Wells SU3026 $89.99
Wells SU3027 $39.99
Both are listed as working with my vehicle. I find that kinda hard to believe. Why would anyone spend $50.00 more if the parts were the same?
Of those two, which one should I get for my 97 4.0 4x4 auto? I'm sure it's the $89.99 one :(. But I guess my point is demonstrated by the Autozone website....how would you know if you did'nt have this forum :). The Autozone website does have the OEM part numbers for cross reference, but I don't have the OEM out yet to get the number, and don't care to take the Jeep out of service while I wait on the mailman.

The Autozone, Kragen, and Napa websites will give the same info as if you were to go to the retail store and ask the question at the parts counter. I trust their sites. I'm pretty sure they use the same database that the retail stores use. In some cases the websites can tell you if the part is in stock in your local store. If Autozone shows 2 part numbers, it's probably because that year XJ used one or the other sensor.

Most people would probably be buying this sensor after it fails so they would have to remove it anyway. Why not remove it, go down to a local Autozone and check which of the 2 sensors is yours? It is very posible that the visible difference is in the connector which would be an obvious difference if the OEM part number isn't stamped on the sensor itself.
With the right tools you could remove the sensor in 15-20 minutes or faster.

MAP

Places like Autozone also have Good, Better, Best, available.

The AZ sight also will show what store near you stockes the part. Not all stores stock the same parts, When I ran a search with my zip it show your CPS in stock at Two store's (the cheaper one) the OM more expencieve one is a "one day order" and you can have it sent to your local store and pick it up there.

I've never seen the good, better, best option with any electronic components. That kind of thing usually applies only to wear and tear items.

I don't recall ever having bought a sensor of some type and being given the option to buy the same part made by a different manufacturer.
If they carry, a MAP, CPS, Temp sensor etc.. they usually only carry the part from one manufacturer.

Rockauto.com is an exception.

MAP

MAP said:
The Autozone, Kragen, and Napa websites will give the same info as if you were to go to the retail store and ask the question at the parts counter. I trust their sites. I'm pretty sure they use the same database that the retail stores use. In some cases the websites can tell you if the part is in stock in your local store. If Autozone shows 2 part numbers, it's probably because that year XJ used one or the other sensor.

Most people would probably be buying this sensor after it fails so they would have to remove it anyway. Why not remove it, go down to a local Autozone and check which of the 2 sensors is yours? It is very posible that the visible difference is in the connector which would be an obvious difference if the OEM part number isn't stamped on the sensor itself.
With the right tools you could remove the sensor in 15-20 minutes or faster.

MAP
not necessarily,I went to napa in person and they told me they didn't have a cps for a 89 cherokee.I cross referenced the p/# I got of the morris 4x4 site and came up with napa p#ECHCSS980?W.t.f?But I guess this only applies if the p/#on morris 4x4 is correct because when I click add to cart it shows up in the cart as a cps for a yj w/2.5 liter.

Last edited:
I picked up an oem from the stealership and it was only 15$ more than at autozone\ canadian tire, as a plus it comes with a one year warrenty too. Then I went and slashed the tires on parts guys Range Rover just so we were even............

I got one from Rusty's Offroad for around $50.

FYI:
I ended up using Rockauto.com. They had the best price, and the best selection (they had 3 different brands to choose from). Ordered online with 2nd Day Air only costing a couple of dollars extra. The problem I had here locally was that nobody stocked the part, not even the dealer. Great experience with Rockauto, I'm sure I'll shop there again.

Back