• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where is the worst place you've been stuck?

XJ_Vikings

NAXJA Forum User
Heres mine:

n9003393_38856748_3629.jpg

I've got a video of the recovery that I'll post later. Lets do the math though, 15,000# HMMWV with a 10,000# winch.

Also, the winch is mounted below the rear bumper.... Outstanding.

dang i didnt get a camera till 2 months ago. cant really say my worst stuck. maybe a creek bed i suppose.

Heres mine:

I've got a video of the recovery that I'll post later. Lets do the math though, 15,000# HMMWV with a 10,000# winch.

If that is in the big sand box across the pond, I think you win hands down.

:patriot:

Heres mine:

I wonder what the soldier with his arm outstretched is saying.

Heres mine:

Were you guys running steel cable on that winch? I know a fair amount of the military is outfitted, or being outfitted with Masterpull recovery kits now.

-Alex

yea you definitley win because you are not only stuck, you have the chance of being shot at by a filthy terrorist

We had to recover a LMTV that was stuck about that bad. Got a HET in front of it and used the 2 huge winches on the back of it. Puled it out like butter.

i got stuck in Kuwait for 9 days with the rest of my unit on our way into iraq

IMG_0087-1.jpg

Felt like a jackass that day.... this was the better part of it it was alot worse when I first went in.

Last edited:
Heres mine:

I wonder what the soldier with his arm outstretched is saying.

"now you see they told me the dollar general was that way but i just dont see it..."

ive got some bad ones without pictures but this was fun, jeep laid over and for some reason the battery decide to take a big poop.... so jeep on its side no winch and no start was fun :D
P1010065.jpg

In a tree.

Maxed out my t-max 9500 winch.

P1000691

I'll have to see if I can dig up some pictures. Lynches River. Syspension was completly drooped and not hitting solid ground. Can we say mud? Maxed out 2 8K pound winches. Finally decided to use a backhoe to lift the xj from my rear bumper and pull it backwards.

Last edited:
I got stuck in Chicago once when my flight got canceled. That sucked

Lol...I was going to say I got stuck in south Georgia once...

But for real, back when I first started wheeling and I thought driving down rivers was fun....I was driving down a river and came to where another river met the one I was in and began to sank as I entered the large washout area. I backed out and then my friend pulled the "you're a ____ if you don't do it" stuff so I tried again and sank to the rails. I had about 10" of water sitting in my jeep and we were not going ANYWHERE! Did I have a winch? No. Were we alone? Yes. :twak: The rivers combining made a little island that I went over and made a fire on because it was cold out and I was soaking wet from the waist down. I had to wait 4 hours for my friend to "finish" with his girlfriend before he could come pull me out.

I know...I violated two of the biggest rules. Don't go by yourself and if you do don't go without a winch. Like I said, I was young....:twak::twak:

Back