• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where does everyone stay?

DrMoab said:
I know Vince stays there.

But then again...he is British. His ideas of a good hotel might be a little messed up. :D
We have been at the Super 8 a lot, it's cheap and clean. We would probably be staying there again if I hadn't met the owner of the Inca Inn over here in Switzerland.

As my wife is a corporate VP and travels on business a lot, I get to stay in some really nice hotels now and then. If you have ever seen the movie American Were Wolf in London and can remember what the 'Slaughtered Lamb' pub looked like, we have stayed overnight in lots of places like that on wheeling trips.

Vince said:
We have been at the Super 8 a lot, it's cheap and clean. We would probably be staying there again if I hadn't met the owner of the Inca Inn over here in Switzerland.

As my wife is a corporate VP and travels on business a lot, I get to stay in some really nice hotels now and then. If you have ever seen the movie American Were Wolf in London and can remember what the 'Slaughtered Lamb' pub looked like, we have stayed overnight in lots of places like that on wheeling trips.
I was only joking with ya Vince. Personally I don't see anything wrong with the Super 8 either.

DrMoab said:
I was only joking with ya Vince. Personally I don't see anything wrong with the Super 8 either.
I know. I just thought it was funny that you picked up on that as most of my friends in Europe know that I can fall asleep just about anywhere and I'm not that fussy where anywhere is.

I did recently pass up sleeping underneath Rachel's Wrangler at a truck stop in Belgium. Instead, I slept for two hours on the luggage, Jeep parts and recovery kit in the back. In hindsight, sleeping underneath the Jeep would have been more comfortable even though it was raining. Definitely going to take an airbed with me next time I drive it from England to Switzerland. I don't like sleeping on cold wet ground.

Vince said:
Definitely going to take an airbed with me next time I drive it from England to Switzerland. I don't like sleeping on cold wet ground.
I would actually like to make that drive with you.

For some stupid reason, I like to drive.

Archview is actually a very nice place. It is a few miles north of town. but it's not too far.

I stayed there on my first ever Moab mountain bike trip. We stayed in their cabins, which are luxurious as compared to Slickrock's. :)

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
are the tent sites nice?

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

if you go to the SLCG web site they have a map.. they will reserve a specific site if you request it, or to be next to a specific person, unless its already asked for specifically. i was right next to Randy in 126 that week and its way in the back and not much unnessecary traffic. not too bad if you can sleep thru your neighbor's gas-powered blender.. :cheers:

Boatwrench said:
or :bawl:

or :puke:

or :speepin:

or :guitar:

or :phone

or :lecture:

i cant complain, i'm in the cabin next to Remi.. i know better than to think i'm doing anything besides staying up late :cheers:

sidriptide said:
i cant complain, i'm in the cabin next to Remi.. i know better than to think i'm doing anything besides staying up late :cheers:
:D Hey, we're a quiet crowd ;) Last year none of our neighbours complained. Heck Derek even got some preppy tree hugging looking east coaster to drink a few beers with us and then to go wheeling with us the next day :D

Due to threats from the IC about not showing up for the 25th Anniversary I now have site 51 at Slickrock reserved for the 6th through the 12th. See everyone there this year.

Back