• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where did you chose to post your build thread?

G2WANIT

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I've been lurking here and on other forums for about 4 years now, I figure it's time to post a build thread.

So I've notice that many of you post on several forums, some of you have your build threads in those and some of you here. How did you decide where to post it?

Here's what I'm considering:

1. NAXJA
  2. Jeepforum
  3. Cherokeeforum
  4. RME4x4

So let me know what you chose and why.

In the meantime, here's a relatively recent pic of my project:

imagew2.aspx

Rock on.

NAXJA for a few reasons:

-i post here more
-IMO, there is more serious and useful info here vs. Cherokeeforum and Jeepforum. i feel like i will get more genuine responses and constructive criticism here, while on CF they will compliment anything remotely XJ. i feel the technical input here is top notch.
-we have an MJ specific section here
-as a paying member, might as well get the most of it and use up some bandwidth :gee:

I put mine here on NAXJA and then ended up just wheeling it, not building it except when I broke things, and never posting anything to my own build thread because I was in too much of a hurry to put the truck back together and drive it to actually take pictures. :gee:

The big difference between posting a build thread here and cherokeeforum, is here, people will critique your ideas more and give you helpful advice as there is much more experience here. While on cherokeeforum, you can post any kind of hack and people will tell you its awesome and stroke your ego for you.

I havent been on jeepforum in a long time. But its probably similar to cherokeeforum, if not less helpful, and more ego stroking.

The big difference between posting a build thread here and cherokeeforum, is here, people will critique your ideas more and give you helpful advice as there is much more experience here. While on cherokeeforum, you can post any kind of hack and people will tell you its awesome and stroke your ego for you.

I havent been on jeepforum in a long time. But its probably similar to cherokeeforum, if not less helpful, and more ego stroking.

This!

"Sick ride, Bro!"

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I like what I'm hearing about the input I'll get on this site - and that's what I want. This is my first build, I'm getting some stuff right but more input would be great (minus the ego feeding on cherokeeforum and the incessant "you're all messed up" you tend to see on Pirate).

Anyway, I'll try to get my thread started tonight!

Back