• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where can I get new transfer case studs.

glennv

NAXJA Forum User
I'm installing a new t-case in my Jeep but it is missing three studs. Where can I get a new set. It's a NP242 for a 98.

Junkyard bud. The threads on the studs of the NP231 are an exact match, so don't worry about finding a Jeep with the same transfer case.

The transfer case ends of those studs are threaded 3/8"-16 - so you can just get some 3/8"-16 threaded rod and make new ones (cut to length.)

There's no really sound reason for that application to have coarse threads on the case end and fine threads on the nut end (there are engineering reasons for doing so - but they don't apply here...) so just replace all six and call it good.

I would appreciate one thing tho - if you can, once you've taken one out to measure it, can you take a couple of pictures with the stud laying right next to a clear ruler, and send me the best of them? It's data I'd like to add to my fastener reference.

Anyhow - that application doesn't require anything exotic - so just regular 3/8"-16 threaded rod will serve.

Back