• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When is the next trail cutting session?

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
Be it at P-gon or R Creek, my chain saw is itching to do some cutting. I busted it out for the first time since early spring and it runs really well (an almost brandy new Shindaiwa, in case you were curious, got it for X-mas.)

So does anyone have a clue as to when we will be working again?

Maybe the last weekend of Sept? Who all is interested? I'll check with Bruce if we have enough interested parties for a Rausch Creek trail cutting.

A.

Trail clean up

What would that be sept 27 28 29? Sounds good to me Cant wait to drive a new trail. Then we will need to bring enough wood back to the camp ground for a huge fire!!

Bruce has scheduled Sunday, Sept. 15. for the next Rausch Creek trail cutting. Meeting at 9:00 a.m. at the motocross parking lot. Or the club can go another time that suits more people.

here's a link to a topo of Rausch Creek. The land in question is 1,100 acres or so, in the shape of a rectangle, with 209 and 81 bordering two sides, and two smaller roads to make up the rest of the rectangle. Looks kind of hilly to me :roll:

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.aspx?T=2&S=12&X=472&Y=5620&Z=18&W=1&P=5+km+SW+of+Tremont,+Pennsylvania,+United+States&D=01+Jul+1987&O=o40076e4&Lon=-76.4421&Lat=40.6130

Yep. its kind of hilly, thats for sure. Should make for some great hardcore trails. We scoped out a few when we were up there two weeks ago. I think I may be busy Sept. 15th, but I know I can definitely make it Sept 29th. I'll check with Bruce (or John K.), if we have a good sized group that wants to go. Who all is interested????

Andy

If its on a Saturday it will give me a good reason not to go to work. Just let me know about a week in advance. Oh yea i got my chainsaw running on Power Mist race gas which smells like cherries and cuts like butter. Oh yea i just heard on 94.5 about the Paragon Rock Crawling Event this saturday. Its was so funny the dj didnt have a clue how to describe people driving over rocks for fun. Guess its his loss. Later

PeterBuilt

The 29th is good for me.

The 29th looks good, I will be there the 14th and probably the 15th as well. I will confirm with Bruce today . . . (Bruce beeped me as I was typing this) . . . The 29th. is good. We can firm up meet place / time next week.

Well then, I'll be making it the 29th as well. I just hope my saw can wait until then, or I might not have much wood in my backyard left standing!

Back