• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats going on with my transmission??

If your speedo needle wiggles it could be sending an inconsistent signal to computer causing Torque converter to cycle on and off. The vehicle speed sensor get its reading from from speedo cable. When you experience the problem try to put your left foot on brake pedal lightly without lifting off the throttle. That will turn off the converter.

The tranny computer in the 4wd setup has its own speed sensor at the rear of the tranny. The speedo comes off the xfer case.

There are different versions of switches on the Renix.

Some have a plunger type cruise control switch mounted above the brake lamp switch that has a vacuum line attached, and some are incorporated into the brake lamp switch w/o the vacuum line.

Either way, the brake light switch feeds C10 on the TCU, and so do the cruise control switches.

All the Renix jeeps I've seen had the extra white plunger type switch, even the ones without cruise control. The vacuum line is there to release the vac on the cruise solenoid.

i just drained and refilled with dexron 111/ mercon and its already doing better, i plan to do this a couple more times this week and hopefully it will fix it.

Back