• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's brewing?

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Anyone have anything fermenting in primary or secondary right now? Conditioning?

I'm a couple weeks into a 'grocery store' mead using bread yeast, oranges, cinnamon, raisins, and honey. 2 month fermentation, then into bottles for clarification.

Almost a week into secondary dry-hop/oaking of a 9.1% ABV porter. Used Jack Daniel's smoker chips made from their whiskey aging barrels. ;) Very dark, malty, and hoppy flavor from the Cascade and Northern Brewer hops used in secondary. REALLY liking this complex batch. :)

Also a month into a hard cider experiment. Thinking it'll get mixed with some homemade cranberry liqueur and champagne yeast for sparkling cider. I'm $10 into the whole thing, so it's just an experiment.

The maibock I made a couple months back has aged nicely and is a clove/banana maltiness. Still enjoying that one.

Made a Guinness clone back in March also...and that stout has been a hit.

A Kolsch, a Bavarian Hefeweizen, and an Irish red. Gotta start another couple of batches this month, not sure what I'm going to brew. There's a cream ale and a breakfast stout on tap right now.

That porter sounds great!

Just beer here.

Last night I secondaried and dry hopped a Terminal Gravity IPA clone, and kegged a mild brown/porter experiment.

In the lager fridge I have an extra hoppy Sam Adams clone, and something my buddy brewed that I also transferred to secondary last night.

On tap, a dopplebock, Czech pilsner, red ale, Three Floyds Gumballhead clone, and Northern Brewer's Innkeeper and AK47 kits.

Also kegged and waiting for fridge space are a basic pale ale, and a British bitter.

I dont care to drink enough to want to make anything, but my father in law makes his own wines, including a Jalepeno flavored white wine which seems to be a big hit.

I have nothing in the works at the moment. On tap a double IPA at 10.6% ABV and a dry stout. Your porter makes me want to do something with oak chips next.

I brewed some coffee earlier.

Yea, I did two pots today....something to drink while I'm paving over 6 dell power edge servers I'm putting on ebay this week.

80 Gal could be a lot of beer but if there is more than one adult in your household you’re a 120 short.

That porter sounds great!

Just beer here.

Last night I secondaried and dry hopped a Terminal Gravity IPA clone, and kegged a mild brown/porter experiment.

In the lager fridge I have an extra hoppy Sam Adams clone, and something my buddy brewed that I also transferred to secondary last night.

On tap, a dopplebock, Czech pilsner, red ale, Three Floyds Gumballhead clone, and Northern Brewer's Innkeeper and AK47 kits.

Also kegged and waiting for fridge space are a basic pale ale, and a British bitter.

Hold the tap I am on my way.

Just kegged an IPA two days ago. Primay fermentation was about two weeks secondary about the same. Didn't run any tests just kegged it since I need it ready for a pcinic in three weeks....I know I rushed this one a bit.

depending on the wt./volume of the grainbill, my batches are 10, 12.5 or 15 gallons.

figure a 35-40lb. grainbill max.....

and I've done some high-grav belgians with OG's well over 1.100.

I've been on a belgian kick lately....

saison, farmhouse, tripel, etc.

have a traditional stout, a british session, and a lager to boot.

Yer fulla shite.

Yes he is, but not when it comes to brewing.

Not only is he a better beer equipment fabricator than he was a jeep builder, he's a better brewer than he was a four wheeler.

Haven't seen this thing upside down, yet
:D

Is that a homebrew conical fermenter on the left side? Me likey.

Phil, a friend of mine here in the Twin Cities has been an all-extract brewer, brewed 100 batches before starting on all grain. Much to the surprise (and chagrin) of some rather egotistical contest judges who claim you can't make superior brews with extracts, he's won a number of competitions with extract brews.

Back