• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would you do??

jeepdude25

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so make a long story short my wife and I got inheritance money the other day. Wife tells me to take $7,000 and fix up my Jeep how I want. I have spent endless hours online looking at parts. I was wondering what things you guys would do?? I want my Jeep to be capable on and off road. Im going to have to drive it to work sometimes which is about 60miles one way so 120 a day. I have a 2004 WJ that will also share the work duties. I havent wheeled in awhile and now that my Jeep will hopefully be very capable I just wanted your input on tires, wheels,axles,lift, accessories....just post em up!!

here is my Jeeps stats:
1991 Dark Green XJ
4.0 127,000, auto.
HP30front, 8.8 rear
Thanks Ryan.

after following the TnT rig around on Wheeler lake, I'd seriously consider a rear coil swap if the funds are available -- it will improve both your on and off road handling. Both TnT and Clayton (and maybe others :dunno:) make a kit, although at about $1500, with a lot of fab required to install...

Does she have a sister? My XJ needs another cash infusion.

Do you have the desire to build/fab your own stuff?

Maybe build the bumpers you want, buy suspension, and enough left over for a stroker.

Good luck man!

I know a guy with a stroker for sale :eyes:

I'd put some of it into the stock market, or paying down debt... pick your highest interest loan and kill it or take a chunk out of it, pick your favorite undervalued stock that you know will grow and dump some money on it.

Definitely do buy some jeep parts because they're a lot more fun than investing, but that's what I would do with any money you have left afterwards.

And yeah, I would probably buy someone else's rig and add stuff to it. You get a lot more bang for your buck, just make sure it isn't some redneck hack fabbed disaster that you will regret ever seeing.

TNT LA's?!?!?!

Surely you fookers jest!!!!

hahaha
well honestly Im no good at doing my own work. I can do small things but to do like a rear coil setup would not be good. I would either have to pay someone or take it to a shop. I like the shop idea just cause you get the warranty. I want to keep my Jeep, its got low miles and its has no engine problems its very well taken care of. And no she doesnt have a sister....we plan on donating some money to the church and other non-profit organizations!! and possible invest some also.

polyfab brackets, heims, ballistic joints and link = custom 4 link = sex
set of all terrains on regular wheels for street, then beadlocks and good mud terrains for trails.
CAGE CAGE CAGE
harnesses
bumpers
winch
armor
build the 30/8.25 and youll be set for 35's (which i dont think you intend to or need to go any bigger)
lockers/gears/truss
done

Frank Z said:
TNT LA's?!?!?!

Surely you fookers jest!!!!

Now, now - I was in the context of rear coil conversions, or I wouldn't have spoken of anything but LongArmZ :kissyou::confused1

I'd put some of it into the stock market, or paying down debt... pick your highest interest loan and kill it or take a chunk out of it, pick your favorite undervalued stock that you know will grow and dump some money on it.

That was going to be my advice too (but precious metals and commodities, not securities), but he was asking a jeep question, so I censored myself. :anon:

not a bad suggestion there, spanky.

beadlocks - 250
35's - (will be) 650
gears locker - 600
custom 4 link (as mentioned above) - about 750-800
winch - 400
cage - 400

thats about 3 grand to have what you want if you use the resources available to you here (and other sites) and by shopping craigs.
it will be YOUR jeep with the parts YOU wanted and set up like YOU like it.
dont put someone else junk on your jeep and say its yours, make it yours.

anyone can buy a jeep with parts on it

but thats me

beadlocks - 250
35's - (will be) 650
gears locker - 600
custom 4 link (as mentioned above) - about 750-800
winch - 400
cage - 400

thats about 3 grand to have what you want if you use the resources available to you here (and other sites) and by shopping craigs.
it will be YOUR jeep with the parts YOU wanted and set up like YOU like it.
dont put someone else junk on your jeep and say its yours, make it yours.

anyone can buy a jeep with parts on it

but thats me

Guess it all depends on what you want. I just want something to explore with...

Back