• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Just finished 3 neutral safety switches cleanings. 1 on my daily, 1 on Rich's 96 and 1 on his wife's 98.

OK not on mine but...since Chris isn't a member yet....Might have to remidy that later today...

Took his crank out of the block. I did it NASCAR style. zip zip and let all the mains and rod caps fall.(Its hanging from the tractor bucket) They are getting new bearings anyways...lol The crank had more valleys then the Grand Canyon, it was bad

I have actually done that same crank replacement in several different cars, some of them with the engine still in the car! LOL

yesterday finished the new lift. today cure this awful steering and a little overheating issue. later test and PBR time.

got all the old crappy, bubbly, turning purple tint off my 89' DD. No didn't re tint yet... and put a radio in my DD finally. It has only been sitting in the box in the Jeep for 5-6 months...lol

I adjusted my throttle valve cable and it feels like a new Jeep.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1015963
The transmission shifts a little harder in some gears now though, like it has a shift kit or something. I think I'll tweak it a little more since it only takes a second.

Got new license plates. Just need to put them on.

Stared at the puddle of oil slowly building under it.... drank a beer and stared some more...

:tear:yep....:tear:yep....:twak:uh huh....:tear:yip

Oh well, maybe next week...

Pulled AC condenser for better cooling in this freakin heat

Finally put those new license plates on the Jeep. And registration stickers on both my vehicles. That is enough of being outside in the heat this weekend. :D

changed the fan clutch and fixed a fuel leak yesterday.

I heard a weird sound that is repetitive, like something is loose. Thought it was an exhaust leak, but it randomly goes away and comes back. Got underneath it while running and i can actually SEE the torque converter spinning. Haven't noticed on the Jeep, but every other car I've worked on has the Trans and motor flush together where the TC is hidden behind the bellhousing. The sound is also correlating with the rotation of the TC. any ideas? Did the motor just pull away from the trans for some reason? WTF!?

You are either missing the inspection plate, or you have "bad" things happening. You may wish to check the torque converter bolts. If they are loose they can cause some ticking noises.

What we did today. A little fab project that became a necessity. Started with 10 3/16x2"x3' pieces of square stock and ended up with this....and yes the motor is upside down in the pic with no oil pan on it or crank for that matter. The motor had a bad...knock in it so checked the mains and they where iffy. Checked the rod bearings and had all worn down to the copper and some even had some of the copper chunked off. OK pic time sorry so large....and we will be putting wheels on befor my motor goes on it..

SAM_0353.jpg

SAM_0354.jpg

SAM_0357.jpg

Finally getting around to some more cage work.

A pillars
cage072.jpg

cage064.jpg

roughly how the D pillars are going. There is going to be at least two more peices of tube tying the back in somewhere along with rear tube flare wheel well things. :cheers:
cage080.jpg

This is exactly how I want to build mine....whenever I do. A hybrid with a top hat.

Back