• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Prepping for a water pump swap on the saturn

Pulled the dash, removed the passenger airbag (big plans for that space) rewired the winch and mounted the control box and ran an incab switch. Removed the fatory panel that holds the rear wiper and defroster. Bought two digital switches to run the winch and extra lights. I'll snap some pics later because it really looks bad ass.

Waiting on the stereo and speakers to come in this week and then put the dash back together and start on s-10 leaf pack and new front springs.

She's coming together, I still need a headliner. I did pick up some sweet seat covers from Pep Boys for $20 yesterday...they were an open box return and the dude gave me a discount on top of that and my military discount.

so, i got my new cables on. all i well, and i might have found the source of my oil leak. there was no gasket on my oil fill cap. i doubt its the main leak, but i bet that is why i have so much oil on the top of the motor.

When I'm back from Phoenix, I'll be doing front ball joints, axle seals, and maybe the heater core if anyone wants to have a wrenching weekend.

Saturday, i finally finished up the switch panel and installed it.

ra4utasa.jpg

Looks good!

I jumped mine and took it out in the snow again.

Get paid tomorrow, so that means its time to get the Jeep ready for DD status since my VW is out of commission.

Got to do the registration, which means its time for custom license plates while I'm at it.

First up is maintenance (oil change, diff fluids, etc.)

On to figuring out why it overheats it warmer weather. Thinking I'll replace all the coolant hoses and the heater core.

Depending on the over heating issue, might be able to swing some new shocks.

So there is a hole in my gas tank...
All gass tanks have holes, one for filling, and one for pressure feed to the engine, outlet, and a vent hole.:D

Back