• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what transfer?

why dont you like the 231? The other oem option was the np242( what i have) and i cant stand it. It uses panetary gears and takes forever to sync up and switch into and out of 4x4. The 231 uses a chain driven system that truely shifts on command. You can bet that my next jeep will have a 231...

or you can spen 3 grand on an atlas!!!!!!

Not a clue, eh? Please don't spread misinformation.

The NV242 and NV231 BOTH use planetary gears and chain driven front outputs. If you understood your NV242 you'd probably understand why it takes a while to "sync" up sometimes.

Another bolt in option is a NV241J out of a TJ Rubicon (also planetary and chain drive, btw).

r@m

Last edited:
I am planning to flip a twin sticked dana300 into mine... can be done for MUCH less than an atlas...especially if you have or get a good price on the dana300...

g

Root Moose said:
Not a clue, eh? Please don't spread misinformation.

The NV242 and NV231 BOTH use planetary gears and chain driven front outputs. If you understood your NV242 you'd probably understand why it takes a while to "sync" up sometimes.

Another bolt in option is a NV241J out of a TJ Rubicon (also planetary and chain drive, btw).

r@m

Yep. And FWIW, try to find a GEAR drive case in a new vehicle made since 90......You'll be looking Class5 truck or larger.

I know the 228 case has the same mount as the 231...but input shaft is different.

Back