• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do?

nothin better than a sack of dicks! everyone that has eatin there has caught themselves saying... man i sure love dicks... sounds gay but you'll enjoy it! beths is up by green lake. not too far from downtown.

What is with you Washington folks and dicks? There not that good! In and out burger is way better.

Dicks is fairly cheap that's the only thing it has going.

Don't forget Ezell's. http://www.ezellschicken.com/

There's also the Pike Pub and Brewery.

Pyramid Brewery down by Safeco Field too... If you're wanting something a little nicer, there's McCormick and Schmick's, Fleming's Steakhouse, and Ruth's Chris in Downtown Seattle. Metropolitan Grill is awesome, too. All of them cost a bit more than Dick's, of course. :D

What is with you Washington folks and dicks? There not that good! In and out burger is way better.

Dicks is fairly cheap that's the only thing it has going.

Ah, yup. ;)

Dick's Deluxe, fries, and a shake for less than a single burger somewhere else. Great on the ol' budget, especially when you're hungry. :D

i bet you would like seattle a lot more if you didnt do those touristy things.

skip the space needle -
over-rated over-priced and whats the big deal?
my sister has lived in seattle for over a decade, and i've never been in it

skip the duck ride -
instead hit up a ferry for a great view of the city and a fun trip on the water

head to downtown -
walk around a bit amongst the buildings between pike and pine
or hit up the seattle art museum - its quality!
they have a small andrew wyeth exhibit on right now, pretty cool midwest artist
one of 3 generations of wyeth artists...

stroll through pikes place market and check out one of the nice cafe's off 1st for lunch
then go up to broadway in capitol hill and have fun with the hipsters and cool vintage shops

catch a movie downtown in an independent theater at or the nice pacific place cineplex

the next morning, stop by coastal kitchen on 15th for an authentic meal

or.. ..go up the needle and ride an obnoxious duck

The needle is cool and is quite a better view of the city then a ferry lol

Lol evil...

Funny you should say that I didn't even think they did that state side every MPR I've read here was ate up.

the needle is good for pictures, but way overpriced.. extremely overpriced..

the duck looks fun, but no thanks, as said, the ferry provides an awesome bang for the buck for views.. and if you have never been on one its not something you will soon forget..

i dont personally care for pikes market, but it is something to atleast see once.
my favorite thing to do when venturing into a new city on a trip, is to spend a tank of gas and drive around.. grab a map and get lost.

Well my dog decided that she would start crapping blood Fri afternoon so that put a damper on things. We ended up just driving up Sat. morning and picked up the axle that I was going up there for and then went to the Flight Museum. Then we had a cheap dinner at the Spaghetti Factory and headed home. The museum was great and it has changed a lot since the last time I was there 14 years ago. If I get time I can put up pics from the museum if anyone is interested.

I wrote down everything that everone suggested and will go back soon hopefully. My wife just started law school though, so we will see.

Thanks to all who gave suggestions and I can guaruntee that when we go back we will go to most of the places.

We also decided that 2 days wouldn't be enough to see everything that we wanted to see and figured it would take us like 4 days or so. So it was probably a good thing that everything didn't completely work out!

Back