• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What offroad lights?

xjj33p3r said:
4 hella 500 driving lights on my bumper. Brighter than hell, and easy to setup.
LS1Jeep said:
same here 2 fogs and 2 driving
6 500s
2 fogs & 2 driving with 100 watt bulbs on the rack.
2 more fogs on the bumper.
Looks like the 2nd coming of Christ from a mile away.

Red97XJ said:
I have 2 of the Wally-worlds, but yesterday I was there and noticed some cool offroaders 100 watt with a "glow" ring around em. It was basically a parking light effect around the outside. Must be two switches. they were about $20each.

I've got a buddy that's all show and no go. He's got five of these things on his roof the all wired to the parklights, the outside 2 also work as blinkers.

Dingo

too much reading for a light discussion but i thought i would add that if you gonna put lights on the roof the WILL get hit by low branches so you may want to make some way that they either fold out of the way when pushed on or buy cheep ones (i have the square ones from wallyworld for $15 they work great)

ive got a set of piaas, they make the high beams look like crap, and the stock jeep light covers fit over them so people are less likely to walk away with them

i got 2 150 watt KC daylighters....these r friggin bright. indestructible too....steel casing and the mount can deal with up to 200 g'sof force in any direction

hondastomper said:
I use the Pro Comp lights and I think they're great. A HUGE improvement over the stock lighting. Get the fluted ones for a wide beam.
The fluted lenses are often referred to as driving lights as opposed to fog or long range. Several mfgs also make a flood version of their lights that work well for slower speeds. Most often they must be special ordered (the counter guy won't even know they exist) but not everybody needs pencil beams.

atx xj said:
i got 2 150 watt KC daylighters....these r friggin bright. indestructible too....steel casing and the mount can deal with up to 200 g'sof force in any direction
I got them mounted on my M-60 machine gun. make great anti-aircraft lights.

BANNER.gif

(Blah, blah. blah..)

Back