• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Next to fix DW....

bshaw said:
i don't think there perfectly fine.....
and yes it could cause DW, along with other factors too. personal experience tells me so. been there done that, and dealt with it.

So when you fixed your sh!tty CA's what else did you happen to replace in the process....

I've had much worse angles on other jeeps and never had DW due to them. Not saying it CAN'T cause it, "along with other factors" but it's just not the first place I'd look if I were you.

Last edited:
well I was able to tighten the bolt almost another full turn. so I think that migt have helped. I have not driven it yet but will find out on my trip to park city tomarrow. there is next to no play now. I just hope that I did not damag the bracket or the Track Bar.

well I was able to tighten the bolt almost another full turn. so I think that migt have helped. I have not driven it yet but will find out on my trip to park city tomarrow. there is next to no play now. I just hope that I did not damag the bracket or the Track Bar.

Deadman 94 xj said:
None. I'd say that is your problem.
Your control arms are perfectly fine.
Control arms NOT fine!
Have you ever pushed a shopping cart that has been slammed into the curb?
The wheel/s will wobble side to side quickly.

Now having play at the track bar WILL allow the increased caster to have an effect.
I did go with K.O.R. TB and have enjoyed its ability to be useful fron 0-8" of lift.

Oops, this was supposed to be posted SUN 8/3 before my weekend

Harlee&Tahoe said:
Control arms NOT fine!
Have you ever pushed a shopping cart that has been slammed into the curb?
The wheel/s will wobble side to side quickly.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match over control arms. I'm running Claytons so I know the importance of replacing stock crap when lifting the jeep.
What I meant when I said that his arms were fine was that they're not to the point that I would look at them as the cause of his problem. Do they need to be replaced, YES but would I go and change them out when he already said that his TB is loose NO. Thats MHO so if it doesn't help than read the next post.. Just trying to help.
I chased down enough DW over the years to feel that I have enough experience to lend a hand.
My first xj was sitting at 6.5" and short arms lol. No death wobble untill I bent the steering ino a pretzel.

If you do change them out and it helps, more power to you.

Last edited:
So i just got a "Better" Track Bar from Kevinsoffroad.com I got his Xj Track Bar Converter kit for a new braket and using the better bushings. About to go on a road test to see if this helps.

on the 15 min drive I had to work this morning so far nothing. Was at high way speeds (75) for the trip and it did not even start to vibrate. and in the past it experienced DW atleast 1 or 2 each way. I also got a new OME SS and new control arm bussings.

Good to hear. I hope it was the problem

Just to add for others that might have a problem in the future, make sure you check all bushings. Have someone inside the jeep turn the wheel and while they're doing this look for any play in the track bar bushings and TRE's.
Bolts might be as tight as can be but that doesn't mean a thing if the bushing itself is bad.
Too many people think DW is some sort of mystery but it's not. It's just loose or worn parts.

Back