• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is the max coil spacer you can run?

ericfx1984

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen up to 3.75" with the JKS ACOS system... so is that safe?

also could a guy run a 4" spacer? I know in general nothing above 3" is available

I am thinking it would not be the best idea on the planet... thinking maybe I should make a 3" spacer and add a pair of junk yard ZJ front coils

Last edited:
i run 4" on mine. they also say not to stack spacers either but it does great. i made them to fit inside of the existing ones, so they cant go anywhere. alot of dos and donts you read are good to follow but alot are also just over-cautious. nothing wrong with that but just saying use your own judgement. i would say do it but do like it did, pocket them so they cant shift side to side. if you need someone to machine them i can do that for you too. take care.

spacers are non optimal in the first place... I personally wouldn't run more than 2" of em.

But hey, maybe you like the way a vehicle rides on stilts instead of springs :dunno:

Not on a XJ but I have seen hand made spacers. Braced half way down that had to be 6 inches. LOL But I haven't seen that rig in sometime now too.

i have a 1 3/4 and a 3/4 spacer on mine and its just fine. the smaller spacer with my springs give the lift i wanted and the bigger one makes up for the winch and bumper. been this way since april of 04 and its still doing just fine.
mike

i run 4" on mine ... i made them to fit inside of the existing ones, so they cant go anywhere ... pocket them so they cant shift side to side. if you need someone to machine them i can do that for you too. take care.
This is what I would pay the most attention to, right here. I can't see where stacking polyurethane on top of itself can be safe as that material is not particularly grippy. It slides. Add in the antics of a suspension while offroad ... consider that even coil springs can be unseated under stress & you see my point. But as this guy said, if you're able to machine them & "pocket" them, you might have a viable solution. I wouldn't stack 2 3" spacers, but 3"+ 1" or so might be okay. Until you can get springs. Poly does deteriorate with time, so it shouldn't be a permanent thing. IMO.

spacers are non optimal in the first place... I personally wouldn't run more than 2" of em.

But hey, maybe you like the way a vehicle rides on stilts instead of springs :dunno:
coil spacers dont change the spring characteristic... a stock spring will ride like a stock spring even if it has a 5" spacers. a RE spring will ride like a RE spring even with a 3" spacer.

true, what changes the way the vehicle rides is the lousy control arm angle you'll end up with - which is the same either with spacers or a full spring lift.

I guess I should have said flexes, not rides :dunce:

true, what changes the way the vehicle rides is the lousy control arm angle you'll end up with - which is the same either with spacers or a full spring lift.

I guess I should have said flexes, not rides :dunce:

I can fab up stuff to fix the control arm angle for about $15... I can easily fab up coil spring spacers for about $10 a set or less

I can not fab up coil springs :(

I wouldn't run more than 4ish inches. If you overflex the coil can come out easily. What do you plan on fabbing to correct the control arm angle? for $15 dollars?

I have seen up to 3.75" with the JKS ACOS system... so is that safe?

also could a guy run a 4" spacer? I know in general nothing above 3" is available

I am thinking it would not be the best idea on the planet... thinking maybe I should make a 3" spacer and add a pair of junk yard ZJ front coils

Save up the beans and get the correct height springs instead of doin a spacer.....:dunno:

Back