• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is the best bolt on longarm kit

bandit455

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys,
So I have searched and searched but have found nothing. what is the best bolt-on long arm kit. I know the rusty's makes a kit but no one really likes there kit and i know that full traction makes a kit but i have heard bad things about service. any help would be great?

If i had the money id buy TNT, best by far IMO

bandit455 said:
Ok guys,
So I have searched and searched but have found nothing. what is the best bolt-on long arm kit. I know the rusty's makes a kit but no one really likes there kit and i know that full traction makes a kit but i have heard bad things about service. any help would be great?
Well seeing that Full traction does not sell to the public, and you would have to order the kit from one of their MANY dealers, that would seem to be a moot point. Nobody is going to be able to tell you the "best" bolt on long arm kit because they are all different, and everybody has opinions, whether they are educated opinions or they like it just because they have the kit, you may never know. For what it is worth, I have never had any negative experiences with Full Traction.
good luck and just keep researching before you buy it, and you should be happy if you do enough research, eventually you will figure out exactly what you want.

bandit455 said:
dont the tnt kits and clayton kits require welding?
also, do the re drop brackets require welding?

RE Drop brackets require no welding and takes about 3 hours to install. If you're on a budget this is the way to go! but now that I have them I wish I would have bought long arms. I'd say RK 3-link - but like he^ said that just because I like what I see, I don't have a hands on experience with it yet...

jforse said:
This kit: http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-X_6LK Works great. I dont own there long arm kit but have seen it in action in Gilbert and liked what I saw. I agree the TNT kit is great, but for mr the ease of just dropping a skid would be better than the whole belly pan on the TNT kit.

Theres no way I'd pay 1,700 for that piddly lil bracket when TNT comes with a whole new crossmember for not much more.

Gilbert where? SC?

Skullvarian said:
Well seeing that Full traction does not sell to the public, and you would have to order the kit from one of their MANY dealers, that would seem to be a moot point. Nobody is going to be able to tell you the "best" bolt on long arm kit because they are all different, and everybody has opinions, whether they are educated opinions or they like it just because they have the kit, you may never know. For what it is worth, I have never had any negative experiences with Full Traction.
good luck and just keep researching before you buy it, and you should be happy if you do enough research, eventually you will figure out exactly what you want.
very true.....like my favorite kit is the sawz-all, steel stock, ingenuity and welder kit deluxe......for fender flare try the sawz-all and grinder version!!! :)

yeah i would definetly go with the tnt kit. i did alot of research before i decided on what i wanted and i was lucky to find one used and im just waiting to get it

lowrange2 said:
Theres no way I'd pay 1,700 for that piddly lil bracket when TNT comes with a whole new crossmember for not much more.

Gilbert where? SC?

Gilbert is in Northern Minnesota. I wouldn't pay that price either. I would make my own. You can just get there brackets and arms for around $500. I agree that I like the belly pan idea, but just not the fact that the arms are attached to it. No easy access to trans/t-case if need be. He was looking for bolt on, not weld on so I made a suggestion of something I have witnessed to work. My first vote would go to the Rock Krawler htree link!!

If my memory is serving me correctly, isn't the Rockcrawler kit a weld on kit? I swear we welded on the brackets when we did it on my friend's XJ. Can anyone else confirm that?

Rubicon Express is a complete bolt on kit and buying a long arm kit without locking jam nuts is the worst thing to do beacause the threads on the long arm will wear out from all the forse going against the threads.

then answer this question for me, in the instructions it say the following
TYPICAL TOOLS REQUIRED

1-1/8” hole saw for steel, 1⁄2” drill motor & drill bits, angle grinder,
Basic mechanical hand tools, several C-clamps or vise grips, pitman arm puller
Floor jack & jack stands (2 for the axle, one for the transfer case and another pair for the frame if not using a lift)
Plasma cutter, or reciprocating saw w/metal cutting blades and Mig Welder

Rock Krawler is 100% bolt! That gets my vote. I've run 3 diffrent generations of their long arms. I've wheeled with guys running almost any other long arm kit, and my RK kit will hang with any of them, and out flex most!

those are the rubicon express instructions for there long arm kit in response to comanche chuck. I personally would like to run the rubicon express kit or the rock krawler 4 link prerunner kit

Back