• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What have you gained from NAXJA?

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
NAXJA is more than just an internet forum. It is a club on both the local level, regional, and national level. It is an "assotiation" that goes beyond North America and is actually worldwide.

If you are like me, you've gained a lot of stuff from NAXJA over the years - from XJ tech, buying and selling stuff, to meeting new friends, to attending awesome events. By far my most memorable wheeling events have been with NAXJA.

If you haven't noticed, NAXJA wouldn't happen without volunteers. And primarily what I am talking about right now are the people that steer this ship for our chapter and make sure events like Sierra Fest happen. You should also know that our chapter would not exist without members who volunteer to serve as Board of Directors (Pres, VP, treasurer). Without a functioning BOD, our chapter will cease to exist.

So my question to you is:

What have you given back to NAXJA?

Please consider running for a BOD position.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1123652

Gained an immense amount of knowledge and great friends. I love all Naxja events and have honestly never met a person I didn't like in NAXJA. Glad to see some people stepping up! It's a pretty big task to be on the bod
Yewwy

Finding and joining NAXJA was a great thing for me. I have met some really great people and have been on many adventures with the NAXJA crew over the last 12+ years. I still find myself sticking around and trying my best to give back to NAXJA when I can.

To the outgoing BOD, many thanks for the years of service you have put into the Sierra Chapter.

And to the new group of volunteers, thanks for stepping up and running for office.

I too have gained many friendships through NAXJA and have enjoyed many an epic journey with them. While I don't have old Wilbur anymore I hope to continue those friendships and hopefully go on some more runs with you all.

I joined not too long ago, however, I have gained so much knowledge and insight on any problem I may have with my jeep. I am looking forward to exploring more of the unpaved trail and meeting fellow jeepers.

Also, I have found out I am not the only one that has a jeep addiction :p

since meeting the weirdo & then joining NAXJA, i have met a shit-ton of great people, had some epic adventures, terrific camping trips, numerous build parties, & on & on.
I am getting very close to moving to Oregon where i'll be hanging out with the dreaded NWC commandos, but my heart will always be with my brothers in the sierra chapter.

If you move... Next thing Ed will move to Or. Then he'll have to go on a ridealong and Diane will have to flop.. Then you'll have to chop the jeep and build another big white pos.. You should stay ;)

Im here for the free snacks at the meetings...

Ive Gained many great friendships and countless great wheeling trips. I couldn't have kept the jeeps running all these years or done all the builds without the information available on NAXJA.

Last edited:
As everyone else, I'm grateful to have met a phenomenal group of people, made some great friends and been able to go on some awesome adventures!

Knowledge and a comradery that is lacking in social online groups or forums. People here astounded me with kindness when my jeep was stolen; tires from DaveNjeep, seats from zachandy. Everyone I've met is nice. Without the knowledge here, there is no way my jeeps would have stayed on the road.

Back