• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what has beer done for you?

the_chief

NAXJA Forum User
This is inspired by another thread, but.....

I was out on a job working with designers who flew in from italy. It was their last day in town and we were wrapping up their display home. well the kitchen countertops were bullnosed stainless, and one was wrong. we called the shop who made them, explaind it and they said sorry charlie, three days out. I bought a twelver of heinekin and walked in the side door with my part, it was just liike the movie, i was gone in 60 seconds.

what nice favors have you gotten from strangers for god's nectar?

(I hope this is a good thread)

Made ugly women more attactive at 2 AM. . . . there by making the world a better place, because I got laid.

:D

Last edited:
I don't drink beer. It's bad for you when you're body is a temple of health. The alchahaul stunts muscle groath.

I'm pretty sure my homebrew is the reason the MWC and other NAXJAns let me hang out with them :D

mdl said:
The alchahaul stunts muscle groath.

Beer makes you a better speller :D

Coors, Busch and Oly paid for my first new car in 12 months :D . Thats all I'm saying but it's a tiring getting 200+ cases up a ladder into a P3 when each of us bought 50 ea... that was early 70's before those brands made it east of the rockies to Pa... back then it was $4 a case in the class 6...

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, much like the brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. The slowest buffalo are the sick and weak so they die off first, making it possible for the herd to move at a faster pace. Like the buffalo, the weak, slow brain cells are the ones that are killed off by excessive beer drinking and socializing, making the brain operate faster.

laid numerous times!

and i've scared people with my beer muscles.

8Mud said:
A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, much like the brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. The slowest buffalo are the sick and weak so they die off first, making it possible for the herd to move at a faster pace. Like the buffalo, the weak, slow brain cells are the ones that are killed off by excessive beer drinking and socializing, making the brain operate faster.
pure genius :thumbup:

I use a little brew on a lot of occassions when someone does me a favor. about 6 months ago the manager of an auto repair shop in town helped me problem solve an issue with my Jeep that I had been fumbling around on for days. He was right and I fixed it. He wanted no money. I gave him a 12 of Corona.

Another time I went to a metal supply place for a very small piece of metal. After I found what I needed, I realized I forgot my wallet at home. The old guy said, "You gotta carry a wallet if you wanna be a man." He let me take the metal and I told him I'd come back and pay the 5 bucks. He got the five and a 12 of Bud. Beer is great. Long live beer.

lesslimited...did I mention that I have 2 extra bedrooms...and that I love beer?

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

I think that's a quote by Benjamin Franklin.

riverfever said:
I use a little brew on a lot of occassions when someone does me a favor. about 6 months ago the manager of an auto repair shop in town helped me problem solve an issue with my Jeep that I had been fumbling around on for days. He was right and I fixed it. He wanted no money. I gave him a 12 of Corona.

Another time I went to a metal supply place for a very small piece of metal. After I found what I needed, I realized I forgot my wallet at home. The old guy said, "You gotta carry a wallet if you wanna be a man." He let me take the metal and I told him I'd come back and pay the 5 bucks. He got the five and a 12 of Bud. Beer is great. Long live beer.

lesslimited...did I mention that I have 2 extra bedrooms...and that I love beer?

i pay my brother in corona when he does major stuff to my jeep while i'm over here. its spendy in WA....but well worth it to get my exceedingly more mechanically adept brother to work on my jeep by buyin him beer than beggin dad.

How about being on the recieving end.

The people that own the building next to my house are flat out slum lords. No other description. They had some escaped felon, on the run for home repair fraud painting their building. I come home and find an extension cord plugged in the outside socket for my christmas lights. Followed to these idiots air compressor. Asked the painters who gave them permission to A. Trespass onto my property and B. Steal my electric. Gave me a song and dance about the slum lords giving them permission, because they forgot the keys to the house.

I calmly explained they had no permission from either the property owner(me) or the person paying for the electric(curiously enough also me). And they had exactly one minute to get the hell off my property and start dropping cash on me for the electric.

The helper cleaned up, the painter gave me a twenty. And they packed-up and ran.
I came home later to find a 6 pak of Corona on my doorstep, with a note 'thanks for not calling the cops'.

Yea, Corona does suck. But I traded it to a friend for some parts.

The owners of the building stopped by a couple of days later, when the cops happened to be there asking me about the painters. They weren't very happy the half painted building.

i agree that corona is disgusting....but i'm not a beer drinker to begin with. whats really bad is i was stationed in germany for 2 years, and i dont even like german beer

Caused me to get in more trouble than you can imagine..
Caused me to have more fun than you can imagine......
Caused me to break the law more than you can imagine....
Caused me to have wild sexual encounters...
Caused me to have a lapse in memory....
Caused me to smoke too much...
Caused me to buy things

Back